Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help Needed...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Korijo
Well, it seems that all I can do for my teener is BUY parts (not that I could DO anything, anyways).

My tub is quietly sitting in my dad's garage. I can hear it calling my name...

If any big, strong, shirtless men with a trailer want to help, my wife will appreciate it laugh.gif (me too smilie_rolli_1.gif )
Brad Roberts
Dave,

where does it need to go ??

B
Korijo
Um... oh yea smoke.gif

Needs to go from Seattle to Snoqalmie, 30 miles East.

James, got your PM... Yup, still need a tow/muscle.
morph
is it a roller ? can it be rolled up on a trailer cause my trailer has a 3 ton power winch on it. i move cars by my self usally.
Korijo
is it a roller ?
nope unsure.gif but its bare... confused24.gif
John Kelly
Hi Dave,

I will help lifting the car if I can. Just let me know when. Sorry, I don't have a flatbed trailer in usable condition. If you can get someone to make it a roller, we could try out my new towbar bracket...if you want your car to be the guinea pig that is. Need to get the wheels and tires on it to see how much more flare you need anyway.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Eddie914
I can help ... but not for a couple of weeks.

I have the use of a trailer (a few of us share) but it's not back from the PCA Whistler event.

I'll be away the end of next week to Lake Roosevelt.

Then the trailer is off to the SCCA races at Portland September 10-12.

How about September 18?

Eddie
BatAc
I could help with the muscle part if needed. Sorry no trailer.
Korijo
18th sounds good. Just need a few 5 - 6 bodies to help lift.

We *might* have a trailer confirmed by then. Just need some hands.

thanks all smilie_rolli_1.gif
morph
the 18 works for me if you dont have a trailer.ill be back from my trip by then .
Korijo
Hey y'all,

Saturday the 18th is still good for us. Post here if you can still help out.

James, looks like we still need your trailer. Unless someone more local has one. Chime in if'n you have one...

Happy 9/14 biggrin.gif
John Kelly
Hi Dave,

I can make it. The more people we have, the safer it will be.

morph
not a problem date and time is what i need and where ohmy.gif
Eddie914
I have not been able to secure use of the the shared trailer. It has not made it back to storage after being used for the Whistler Concours.

I might be able to borrow another. Let me make some calls tomorrow.

Eddie
LS6/914
Iam pretty sure that I can bring the Caddy transporter to haul the tub. Dave Hunt has seen it. Dave H will it fit in the garage? Let me know. Larry.
LS6/914
If we can do the move early Sat. The low boy car hauler is available. It will need support for the tub(wood blocks). Just call at the shop if I can help. Lar. 360 265 1311 welder.gif
morph
ok well dave if you need my trailer i need about a days notice on it so i know what im doing sat .if ya cant get one for transport call me at home b4 fri 503-835-2328 cell 503-551-6191 or post here b4 fri 5 pm so if you guys that are closer got a trailer nailed down.post it
LS6/914
Well its not quite a trailer but it is more manuverable. Bed tilts, winch(not wench) mounted up front, very low to ground. Any thought as to what it weights? Lar
Korijo
Any thought as to what it weights?

I say 450 - 500 lbs. No doors, rear lid not bolted, front is fiberglass (we can remove it confused24.gif ). Its bare, and nekid biggrin.gif .

ok well dave if you need my trailer i need about a days notice on it ...

James, I'm waiting on a phone call re: the use of a trailer. If we find one, are you still coming ?

If we can do the move early Sat. The low boy car hauler is available.

How early, Larry ?

Address is:
3601 Fremont Ave N
Seattle 98103
Korijo
QUOTE(Korijo @ Sep 14 2004, 07:12 PM)
James, I'm waiting on a phone call re: the use of a trailer.

No go
Korijo
icon_bump.gif
Root_Werks
I know it was stated as a no go, but keep my name handy. I would be a body to help lift. biggrin.gif
morph
We will plan on being there with trailer, if someone closer has a trailer available then thats okay, and we won't need to tow the trailer to Seattle. See you saturday!!!!
Korijo
So, Saturday @ 10a (too early, James/Hiedi ?)

Address is:

3601 Fremont Ave N
Seattle 98103

morphenspectra
Eddie914
John Kelly
LS6/914
Root_Werks
my bro in law

... any one else ?
LS6/914
Dave, I talked to Morph & I will bring the low boy transporter on Saturday. We will need confirmed muscle to lift it. Hey Northwest guys & gals the Caddy transporter is worth the journey. givemebeer.gif Larry
Bleyseng
Can't make as I haveta work on saturday..........sorry.

Geoff sad.gif
ablose58
I just found out that I am off the ball and chain working all the time crap so I can make it also but I would like to meet up with someone cause I still am not too familiar with the area so either e-mail me or something,ok? AL
Korijo
Al,
Larry is coming from P.Orchard, too. Maybe you could catch a lift or atleast follow/convoy . You guys taken the boat ? Trailer cost extra ?

Map URL :P.Orchard to Fremont
ablose58
Sounds good either way, I guess I will follow in the teener, just have to nail down a place to meet up at smilie_pokal.gif AL
reverie
3601 Fremont is pretty easy to find. I take I-5 to the 45th Ave exit, and go west all the way to Fremont Ave, and then go south to Fremont.. the center of the universe.

Dave (Korijo) - you need people to load it in Seattle, and then unload it in Snoqualmie, right?? I ain't got no trailer or equipment or wood supports, but I'll help load and unload.

Sounds like a 6-person job. And six beers.

And one duck egg, as Groucho would say. smile.gif
ablose58
HE HE HE, I'll take the six beers but you can have the duck egg. beer and duck eggs make some nasty smells goin out the backside lol2.gif w00t.gif
rhodyguy
i'm in. i know the easy way there. more fun than I-5 and the crawl across 45th. give me a call al. i see your number lary. i'll note it for future needs.

kevin
Root_Werks
We have a family reunion to go to at noon in Monroe, so this should work out good for me. I will have the Wife and kid with me, but I should be there in the morning to help out and if time permits I should even be able to help with the unload as well. I have the addy. smile.gif
Eddie914
I have about a 50% chance of being there.

I need to be in Spokane on Sunday for my mother's B-Day. I might have to leave before 10:00.

Eddie
LS6/914
Hey gang heres a idea. Anyone have piano dollies? The bed on the Caddy tilts & there is a winch up front. Any estimates to the weight of Daves car ? No drivetrain or wheels? Larry givemebeer.gif
Korijo
Any estimates to the weight of Daves car ? No drivetrain or wheels? Larry
I say 450 - 500 lbs. No doors, rear lid not bolted, front is fiberglass (we can remove it ). Its bare, and nekid .
John Kelly
There should be a lot of wood blocks left over from the flare party. I left quite a few at Dave's.

For those who don't know, the car is in a parking garage in the alley. There is a little garage within the parking garage back in the corner where dave's car awaits.

Do we have straps to attach the car to the trailer?

Do we have a map to our destination?

Root_Werks
I am going to see if I can talk Grandma and Grandpa into taking our son to the family thing Saturday. That way I can drive my 914. biggrin.gif

We should be there at 10AM tomorrow. Everything still a go?
reverie
Dave, please post your address in Snoqualmie, so we can print Mapquest maps showing how to get there from your Seattle address. That way if we get separated we can all still get where we're going.

This is my first time going to Snoqualmie.. smile.gif
rhodyguy
or we all drive in a reasonable fashion and follow the truck. wink.gif

kevin
reverie
Oh yeah! What a concept. idea.gif

Never mind..
rhodyguy
for those coming from the south/west sound sides. no point in james driving across the bridge unless he wants to. we can hook up at my place if people would like. i live a bit south of 512 with an easy run up 167. i'll make some phone calls. drive down rog. you need the seat time biggrin.gif

kevin
reverie
It would be fun to caravan up with you guys. I'll see what I can do! I'm still learning "new husband tricks".. learned some good ones from the guys at Mojito's last night. smile.gif

"This new learning amazes me, Sir Benevere.. explain again how sheep's bladders can be used to predict earthquakes." "Certainly, my liege.."
LS6/914
Hey all. I will leave with Al from beeeut e ful Port Orchard. Kevin call me I lost the message from you today with your number(sorry). My transporter has wood blocks, tie downs, winch, but no fridge with cold beer. See ya in the am. Time to go drool on buddies latest Pcar. Lar
Korijo
Sorry for the delayed reply... Getting the Blizzaks mounted. cool_shades.gif

So, see everyone at 10am @ the addrez below.

What kind of beer, Lar ? Fat Tire ? @ 10am ??? drunk.gif

3601 Fremont Ave N
Seattle 98103
JoeSharpOld
icon_bump.gif for Dave
Joe
John Kelly
Hi Dave,

Looks like we might need some rags to dry the bare metal off with once we get to your place. See you soon.

maf914
Good luck with the car move, guys. Post some pics if you got 'em. I want to see what a Caddy-transporter looks like! As well as the current status of Dave's tub. smile.gif
Korijo
I want to see what a Caddy-transporter looks like! As well as the current status of Dave's tub.
Korijo
biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.