Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Six carb linkage install
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hars914
I am in the process of coming up with a linkage setup similar
to Roots post. As far as installing it on the trans I see I use the bolts
on the cover for the cable bracket but as far as the pivot arm do I have
to drill and tap into one of the round bosses on the case?
From pictures of different linkage setups I have it is hard to see.
Any help and pics will be appreciated
914Timo
Yep, if I understood what you are doing. I drilled and tapped one round boss from the trans case.

But, I have home made linkage. If you have some kit, I dont know anything about them. Mine is a look-a-like from the original cool_shades.gif

I´ll see if I can find some pics.
914Timo
I took some pics....
914Timo
thomasotten
This may be a dumb question, being that this is the second time I am asking it, but here goes again. Why do you need this linkage belcrank for six cylinder cars? Can't this mechanical reversal be accomplished in the engine compartment, rather than having to run all the way to the tranny, then turn around and go into the engine compartment?
campbellcj
Timo - I see a problem in your picture.

Your trans/car is way too clean!!! aktion035.gif
914Timo
Thomas, I used to think that way too. I tried different linkages, but I have to say this is the best. It is light and there is no extra clearances.

Thanks ChrisC, but I do use my car occasionally cool.gif
hars914
Timo, Nice setup. I plan on making my own linkage and yours looks like a
good setup. Thanks for the pics
914Timo
Thanks. If you need more pics or information, just let me know.

It would be nice to see you linkage too when it is ready.
Root_Werks
I just got back from vacation and will post pics and messurements of what I have. Mine is a simple one piece design that doesn't need any modification to the trans or throttle cable etc. Just bolt on and go. I will probably start on it this week. I have a couple of cars in my shop to finish up first. cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.