Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help refinishing trunk- seam sealer issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
So trunk had some water and resultant surface rust under edges....So cut out seam sealer. Ready to repaint and need a solution of how to duplicate look as most was not removed...Asked "expert" and found gun to do it right is $400....that is just not in the cards

Can you tell me of source for the (rough looking) sealer that is used around edges and a way to spray it ...My body guy is good ole boy but low on resource information About two weeks " headbang.gif " and I am ready for this to me done.
Any help would be appreciated.
Will post pictures when done
Thanks
Terry pray.gif
jaxdream
Since you are going for the look alike , try either rope or brush on sealer on maybe some mock up thing . Use some type of hand roller to dimple , scallop , imprint a surface that resembles the surface of the sprayed sealer . Could be dirt cheap to a little $$ spent . Just an idea as it seems that the seams will be sealed , just want the appearence to be compatable with whats not removed. Good luck on ya search . smile.gif

Jack
jmmotorsports
This is what I use. I have had this gun for years and don't remember what it cost but should be less than $ 50.00. Any body shop supply store should have it. Put a regulator on it and you can dial in the pattern you want.

JerryClick to view attachment
sixaddict
Thanks to both of you ......

QUOTE(jmmotorsports @ Jan 22 2012, 08:48 AM) *

This is what I use. I have had this gun for years and don't remember what it cost but should be less than $ 50.00. Any body shop supply store should have it. Put a regulator on it and you can dial in the pattern you want.

JerryClick to view attachment

Matt Romanowski
Rocker shutz is the way to go. You can get the 3m stuff in an aerosol and can mimic the original stuff pretty well. You could probably do it with paintable undercoat too as long as it dried hard. Do a bunch of test peices to get the right look before trying it on your car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.