Full Version: MITCOM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Is MITCO still around?

Does anyone have contact information?

thanks,
sean
Cap'n Krusty
That would be "Mitcom" Alan Mittleman's company, successor to his "Anything Ltd.". Google can't find them. Musta gone the way of MG Mitten and NVR. The Cap'n
seanery
DAMN!

I found an older Tweeks catalog from 1989. They listed the Flex Dam and gave MITCOM as the mfr, same as the chalon. I thought I might get lucky.
jim912928
These guys still show the Chalon kit as something they sell. Maybe they have a line on where the company is...or maybe they have something. Company is in canada..url:

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/PORSCHE914.html

Jim
seanery
Jim,
I saw that URL last night. The ads they show are all photocopies of other's catatlogs, AIR especially. I doubt they stock anything. sad.gif
skline
Well, you are close, they are actually still around. They even say Mitcom when they answer the phone. They are located in Orange California. I have the number and address but will have to look around to find it. Stay tuned and I will have that info shortly.
skline
Ok, sorry to keep you waiting, after cleaning the garage and puttting everything in its place I had to find where I put this stuff. They now go by another name but still say Mitcom when they answer the phone along with thier new name. The are going by:

Auto Component Design
1340 W. Collins Ave.
Orange, CA. 92667
714-532-6140 TEL
714-532-6144 FAX

Leave it to a guy who is building one to know where to get the parts. The last kit they sold was the one I am using on my car. It was bought from them about 5 years ago and they have only sold misc. parts since. If you talk to the help there, they wont be able to give you much tech advice unless you talk to the owner. Most of them have only worked there for about 3 or 4 years and have never seen anything but pictures of a Chalon. I promised them I would bring mine by when I get it done. Thats if I ever get it done. I hope this information is helpful to others.
Cap'n Krusty
Ahhhhhhhhhh ......................., the power of this list! They also made a nice replica LE spoiler at one time, IIRC.......
The Cap'n
seanery
Thanks Scott! boldblue.gif
seanery
Good News - I just ordered one of the flexdams. boldblue.gif

Bad News - They no longer have the rubber part. He's sending me a 6" piece.

Bruce, can you recreate the rubber lip?
Aaron Cox
how much?
seanery
$74.99 + shipping
Gint
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

Please? I wanna see this "flexdam". The rubber should be easy.
seanery
Look at the thread:
Show me your valance

Ferg's car - without rubber
Kargeek's car - with a rubber lip only

then find a pic of lyressa's car somewhere, it's got the full rubber on it
GWN7
Yes I can duplicate the rubber lip. All I need is a good one to copy from.

cool.gif
Gint
Look at the thread:
Show me your valance

Donwanna. JK Already did. Are you sure that's what you're getting? I always liked the look of the flex dam without the rubber. I think it makes a good looking valance.
seanery
yes, straight from the manufacturer.
Mrs. K
QUOTE(skline @ Aug 28 2004, 09:16 AM)
Ok, sorry to keep you waiting, after cleaning the garage and puttting everything in its place I had to find where I put this stuff. They now go by another name but still say Mitcom when they answer the phone along with thier new name. The are going by:

Auto Component Design
1340 W. Collins Ave.
Orange, CA. 92667
714-532-6140 TEL
714-532-6144 FAX

Leave it to a guy who is building one to know where to get the parts. The last kit they sold was the one I am using on my car. It was bought from them about 5 years ago and they have only sold misc. parts since. If you talk to the help there, they wont be able to give you much tech advice unless you talk to the owner. Most of them have only worked there for about 3 or 4 years and have never seen anything but pictures of a Chalon. I promised them I would bring mine by when I get it done. Thats if I ever get it done. I hope this information is helpful to others.

Hey, you better get the Chalon finished!!!!!! ohmy.gif
We are all counting on you! rolleyes.gif
Besides, I know that you can muster up some nice helpers, one that will even bring food too! wub.gif

Lisa welder.gif
Trekkor
Guys, two words.

Sweeper Dam.

I heard from AA months ago ( I still have a Flex Dam on back order just for fun ) that the manufacturer died. the company is restructuring an will no longer offer the Flex part.

Here's the Sweeper...Don't you remember?

KT
GWN7
Bad News - They no longer have the rubber part. He's sending me a 6" piece.
Bruce, can you recreate the rubber lip?

Yes I can duplicate the rubber lip. All I need is a good one to copy from.

With the 6" piece I can duplicate the whole rubber part.

I wonder what I could do with a dam and the rubber part?

idea.gif cool.gif
Trekkor
Check this:
sweeper thread

KT
Brad Roberts
Guy's... please be careful. WATCH your oil temps. The cars DO NOT COOL with these monster dams on them. You will see a 40-50 degree oil temp increase. Promise. I have several local guy's that where having issues with oil temp... remove the flex dam and everything came into line.

B
seanery
The fiberglass part of the Flexdam arrived yesterday. Very nice! smilie_pokal.gif The fit is great! I'm really happy with it.

I'll need to drill my own holes, but there are tabs built into the valence. Should I support the holes with fender washers or some other device?
Trekkor
I've used all stainless hardware before.
Big washers, inside and out with locknuts.

I use dzus faseners, now. clap56.gif

KT
seanery
I thought about the Dzus, but this is a pure street car.
Brad Roberts
Then WHY put one on it ?

B
Cap'n Krusty
Brad, Brad, Brad ............................. How could you forget? Appearance is EVERYTHING .............................. The Cap'n
seanery
the fugly rusty bent up steel one looked like crap. I thought about the LE, but don't car much for it's looks. The Mitcom flexdam, with or without rubber is very nice looking.

finger.gif
Brad Roberts
My bad. I forgot about the "appearence" part of the equation.

I love you like a bastard step child Sean.

B
GWN7
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I've got a buddy that could cut a piece of stainless to support the whole lip if it's needed? Drill thru it and sandwich the vallance.
seanery
Here are a couple of pics.
The valence is just sitting on the jackstands and still fits great! smilie_pokal.gif
seanery
pass side...this fits great, but is not attached, it will be seamless when installed properly
seanery
driver side...you can see my new pilot driving lights wub.gif
Trekkor
That valence look very good.

I like the color of your car. wink.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.