Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil pump removal- 4cyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
krazykonrad
I'm wanting to remove my oil pump to see what cam I have. I've loosened the 4 nuts, but no movement. What do I need to get this done?

Thanks,
Konrad
Cap'n Krusty
Pry it out using the two handy dandy tabs made just for that purpose .........................

The Cap'n
ape914
Type I or TypeIV pump? either could be installed in the type IV motor. the type IV pump has tabs to pry from, the type I does not and if stubborn you need a VW Bug style pump puller.

since TypeIV pumps are no longer produced, many folks switch to the type I pump if it is worn out. This also offers the option of high capacity pumps (larger gears)
Dave_Darling
People often have to loosen up the case through-bolts above and below the pump. It's a very tight fit in there, and any sealant just makes it harder to get out.

--DD
krazykonrad
Thanks for the advice. I did some prying before, but I am worried about prying too hard. At what point should I leave well enough lone?

Thanks,
Konrad

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.