Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Swivel feet rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
Ok, after mocking up the alignment...It looks like I need to take the .060 off the swivel side...right???
crash914
shot of rocker on head....
crash914
I just like this one.......
Brett W
Looks good, did HFM do your heads? You gonna leave all that extra meat on the flywheel?
crash914
icon_bump.gif

Yes, I am going with a stock flywheel at this time....I need the smoothness and not the wild rev up and down from a lighter flywheel...

Thanks for the info on the swivel feet......
crash914
???? icon_bump.gif ????
Aaron Cox
so whats the story with these swivels...

theyre nicer to valve stems?

confused24.gif
crash914
No, these are swivel feet to replace the valve adjusters. Instead of a solid bar rolling/rubbing on the valve stem, these have a ball and socket that is allways aligned with the end of the valve...its cool because it is used in the little winky 911 valve adjusters....one of those "got to have's" because you can.....

Makes my car more 911 than before...I also want to use them due to my high lift cam and extreme valve geometry....
Tom Perso
Yes, you need to take .060 off the swivel side to make them clear. I have 911 adjusters on my 2270 with a 163/86b cam.

I needed a little shim under the rocker as well - .020 if I recall???

IPB Image

I have one oddball adjuster with the standard head, but the rest are phillips...

Tom
Mark Henry
QUOTE(crash914 @ Aug 30 2004, 08:00 PM)
one of those "got to have's" because you can.....

You must run these or lash caps if you have stainless valves. The stock adjuster will mushroom the end of the valve stem without them.
Allan
I wish I had a clean motor! <_<
crash914
Thanks for the picture...that is the only way I could think to do it....

Now to measure and cut push rods...the fun never ends...
thanks, herb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.