Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brett W
Anyone guess what the basis for this next little project is?

Hint 1: 4 cams

Hint 2: Twice the cylinders of the orginal motor

Hint 3: Twice the displacement of the orginal 73 special edition.
Brad Roberts
Diesel Mercedes ?

B
BIGKAT_83
Sure dosn't look like a LS2.

Must be a Lexus V8 from a GS400

Bob
Brett W
I was looking at a diesel, you know how popular they are becoming in big time racing.

Yes it is a 4cam 4.0 litre Lexus 1UZ V8. All aluminum, 6 bolt mains, four valve heads, lighter than the factory LS2 engine, about 20 times cheaper than the LS1 or Ls2. From what I have heard on the net shipped weight for this engine, with all the stuff on it was less than 400lbs. Try that witha small block.

Rumor has there are a few blown drag cars running this engine making 2000+ hp on the stock block and crank. Obviously I am not looking for that but it is noce to know the potential is there.

As soon as I finish the blue car this winter, I begine the next project. V8 monster, semi tube frame, dual a-arm, Sheridan Wide body kit, the whole 9 yards.

Kinda like the CarreraGT Junior.
nebreitling
f-ing awesome. too scary to be true.
Brett W
Check out

http://www.lextreme.com

for more info.
Brad Roberts
Pretty crazy. I knew those where pretty stout engines.. but I had NO idea they where that stout.

B
Brett W
That is why I chose it over the small block and current variants. The Japanese know how to build a motor right. THis thing is really small dimensionally. I may even try a test fit in the stock chassis. It would be neat if this engine could actually fit in stock chassis.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.