Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VDO Oil Pressure Sending Unit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
Does anyone know where I can get another hose for this sending unit? Apparently the kit is NLA from VDO.
machina
That is a generic hose. You can fabricate your own or buy one pre-made from aircooled.net, summit, or chassis shop, etc.

The sender end is a 1/8" NPT, not positive what the case end is so just check what you already have.

dr
lapuwali
As has been mentioned before, this is a grease gun extension hose, and should be available locally anywhere grease guns are sold. If it's leaking where it threads into the case, there needs to be some fiber washer, O-ring, teflon tape, goop, or some other method of sealing that connection. The OEM temp switch came with a fiber washer, but it also had a reasonably large sealing surface, which the hose lacks. It's also very hard to get that fitting tight enough without hacking up a wrench (I bent an 11mm wrench) or removing the tin.
thomasotten
Well, I suppose it looks like a grease gun hose, but aren't the threads metric? I can't imagine that grease guns would be metric threaded. Is that right?
cgnj
Hi,

Aircooled.net sells a braided steel hose for that application. It's about $20. The threads on the sender will depend on which sender he has. Could be m10x1. See this link
VDO Senders

Carlos
MXMARK
I have one in the box still,I think it was the last one around, I paid 38.00 plus shipping, but I made my own kit. I did not like the way the threds were on the VDO kit. The threds were 1/8 inch pipe thread into the case, your old hose may be the same, with 10x1mm fitting for the sender. I will post pictures if I can find them. If you would like to buy this one 25.00 and I can send it to you or you can make your own. If you need more help building on let me know. Thanks Mark
MXMARK
Here is the picture.
MXMARK
New kit that I made. It uses a VDO adapter at the bottom. Mark
MXMARK
This setup does not work with the mallory so I added another fitting, I know it is not KISS(keep it simple stupid) but it does not leak on mine and the fittings are both 10x1mm pipe so the case is not hurt.
dmenche914
no photo, but I used a five inch or so long brass 1/8 inch pipe threaded pipe and a male to male coupling at local hardware store for a few bucks, Make it tall enough to clear the distributor, works fine for me.

dave
thomasotten
Thanks guys. The grease gun trick worked. All together, I got it fixed for just a few dollars from parts at Pep Boys. The money I saved makes the 914club dues worth it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.