Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another VDO gauge question.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
The recently purchased VDO gauges (last year) that worked fine with the Type IV motor I had in Frankesteen don't like the senders that are on the 2.2 six. The temp gauge just sits at zero....not pegged like the oil pressure....which un pegs when I connect it to the temp sender...wierd.

Where or what do I buy to be compatible? The old senders went with ANdy's motor......anyone have any senders that I can trade for or purchase?
ArtechnikA
in this thread there's a link to VDO installations... halfway down the first page.
Joe Bob
Thanks....but it's a dead link. They are hooked up correctly, looks from the pics that I simply have the wrong generation of senders. Get the credit card out....unless someone has some senders handy????? cool_shades.gif
ArtechnikA
works for me, must be that embedded sessionid thing...

well - this is the document that thread pointed to ...
SirAndy
QUOTE(mikez @ Aug 29 2004, 10:54 AM)
unless someone has some senders handy????? cool_shades.gif

you can have mine ...
i have 911 gauges and none of the senders from your motor works with them.

however, *i need* the correct 911 senders for my gauges ... idea.gif

maybe a *exchange* kind of deal?
biggrin.gif Andy
Joe Bob
Thanks.... pray.gif
opera guy
i dont have anything to add, heck, i didnt even look at what you wrote.

i looked at your avatar tho wub.gif
markb
Isn't there a number on the back of the gauges? Palo Alto or North Hollywood should be able to tell you what you need. Or you can do what I do & ask the Cap'n.
Mark, always looking for the shortcut biggrin.gif

BTW, Zois, where DO you get the cool avatars?
Joe Bob
THAT avatar is my alltime favorite...of course it gets me the most shit from the PC crowd.....what can ya do?

It gets recycled with the rest.....comes out for awhile and then go back in the closet....prolly the most disturbing is the one with the exploding head....can you believe that some actually ask me if it's REAL?
Joe Bob
I would like to use this one sometime....but I can't get it be accepted...prolly too big a file.....
Rick_Eberle
I think I'm in love... wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.