Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pedal board question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Black914_4
Did all 914's come with a pedal board? Mine does not have one. If it is suppose to then I'll start looking for one.
Thanks
dlestep
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Jan 27 2012, 10:01 AM) *

Did all 914's come with a pedal board? Mine does not have one. If it is suppose to then I'll start looking for one.
Thanks

Yes, they had pedal boards, with an adjustible clutch pedal stop. On the passenger
side, my '73 had a molded foam piece, which I still have. My '74 didn't have anything,
at least by the time I received it.
rallysport70
My 74 did have the molded foam piece on the passenger side. A small piece broke when I was removing it. I simply glued it back together, can't really recall with what. I then painted it with bed liner from a can in an effort to make it more moisture resistant. I also painted the pedal board as well.
Black914_4
I just found mine 5 min ago in the trunk headbang.gif

I had almost thrown it away the other day with the other trash in there. I didn't know what it was. It is in two pcs and made out of crappy peg board material, but I can use it for a template to make a new one.
Bob L.
I have the foam block in the passenger foot well too. What is it for?
It really takes legroom away from the passenger.
I could put a sub-woofer there.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bob L. @ Feb 13 2012, 05:37 PM) *
What is it for?

Foot rest ... smile.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(2xs performance @ Jan 27 2012, 06:25 PM) *

I just found mine 5 min ago in the trunk headbang.gif

I had almost thrown it away the other day with the other trash in there. I didn't know what it was. It is in two pcs and made out of crappy peg board material, but I can use it for a template to make a new one.

The correct one should be made from simple plywood, with adjuster fitted, and painted black (satin, of course). Pegboard is wrong.
Pat
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(dlestep @ Jan 27 2012, 10:31 AM) *

Thanks

Yes, they had pedal boards, with an adjustible clutch pedal stop. On the passenger
side, my '73 had a molded foam piece, which I still have. My '74 didn't have anything,

The molded foam piece is interesting. When did they start using it, and why?

My '72, which I am the original owner of, does not have it.

Any other early 914's out there that do have it?

Curious.
Black914_4

The correct one should be made from simple plywood, with adjuster fitted, and painted black (satin, of course). Pegboard is wrong.
Pat

Here's a pic. Looks factory. It's same material as cheap pegboard. When I think of "plywood" I think of layers/ply's of wood like you build a house with. This is cheap crappy stuff.
porbmw
I think the early cars had plywood, and the later ones....maybe 73 or so and later, had the crappy fiberboard ones....
I"m sure there's an expert out there that will state otherwise...or check the site for originality
Friom your pic, I thnk you have a crappy factory one smile.gif
Black914_4
QUOTE(porbmw @ Feb 15 2012, 02:12 AM) *

I think the early cars had plywood, and the later ones....maybe 73 or so and later, had the crappy fiberboard ones....
I"m sure there's an expert out there that will state otherwise...or check the site for originality
Friom your pic, I thnk you have a crappy factory one smile.gif

Mine is a '74 so that would fit.
Good thing is I can still use it as a template to make a new one and save a couple $'s biggrin.gif
sixerdon
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 14 2012, 04:11 PM) *

Thanks

Curious.

I saw your pics in the nailed threads. That is interesting. According to Johnson's book, "......a larger foam filler was installed under the carpet to shorten the footwell. This significant change occurred at the same time when retractable seat belts were added."
Dare I say you have an anomaly?
A friend of mine has a June '72 /4, also. I'll check that out this weekend if I have time.
Don
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Feb 15 2012, 09:27 AM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 14 2012, 04:11 PM) *

Thanks

Curious.

I saw your pics in the nailed threads. That is interesting. According to Johnson's book, "......a larger foam filler was installed under the carpet to shorten the footwell. This significant change occurred at the same time when retractable seat belts were added."
Dare I say you have an anomaly?
A friend of mine has a June '72 /4, also. I'll check that out this weekend if I have time.
Don

Who knows what evil lurked in the parts bins of transitional 914's!

I wonder....did early 911's, late 356's, and for that matter water cooled cars have issues such as these? Don't wonder enough to search, but I'll bet they did - particularly cars produced "out of house", such as 924's, 944's, etc.
dlestep
The foam piece was molded with the floor, hump, forward vertical bulkhead and right
wheel well and its' face is at the same angle as the pedal board.
If anyone is interested, I can take a photo of it tomorrow.
My roommate's 1971 914 had a center deposit and a separate foot rest
that looked like a carpeted 2x4, and a non-adjustible passenger seat.
My 1972 911 had a plywood pedal board.
My 1973 914 had a pressboard pedal board and the foam piece on the passenger side.
(It had a really thick black rubber mat on the rear bulkhead, behind the backpad.)
My 1974 914 had a deteriorated pressboard pedal board and came with tan and black
interior, black console with no foot rest on the passenger side. (Its' rubber matting was lighter
in color and was half the thickness of the '73.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.