Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going into Final Paint today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
badm
Eric, I will say it one more time WOW! love the look of your car, devils in the details.

I wish that I was not at the other end of the U.S., I'd love to see that in person.

Badm popcorn[1].gif
Eric_Shea
Hey I just noticed something in the first and last pic . . . why does the back end look like it's sitting under load? Have you already put the engine in?

Collars are way down on the GT shocks. Just checking the camber as I'm having a bear of a time fitting tires which is why mean ole Jeff is poke'n fun at my flares.

Ben, I'll fly you out and you can help put Humpty back together again! biggrin.gif Parade is in July and I want a running car damnit! Tired of showing up at 914 events in an ass dragger or a 4x4 waterpumper. lol3.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(MDG @ Jan 27 2012, 05:22 PM) *

Hey I just noticed something in the first and last pic . . . why does the back end look like it's sitting under load? Have you already put the engine in?

You should know by now everything aboot Eric is a big load beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
JRust
drooley.gif beautiful pray.gif .
lonewolfe
That's a great looking car. Nice job! What seats are those in your car?
Eric_Shea
Thank you Sir.

Believe it or not, those are 914 seats that I had Hancock Upholstery custom build to GT seat specs. We used actual GT seats to get the bolster contour and a lot of pictures of real GT seats. They basically bolt right in (of course):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
porbmw
Hey Eric

It really, truly is a beautiful car....I think we're almost as anxious to see the full and final version as you.

Is there a site where one can see the car, from beginning to present?

Very jealous, in a good way drooley.gif
Eric_Shea
Thanks Paul... RoadGlue has the build thread on it (upper right hand corner of this page) or, Facebook.
MDG
Can we see the welded finger again please?
Eric_Shea
IPB Image
sixnotfour
Two of your nicely dressed young men just stopped by, I told them to pray for you.
rnellums
Wupfh that looks like it hurt.
MDG
Awesome!

Didn't your wedding ring fuse to your finger?
lonewolfe
Thanks for sharing the pictures of those seats. They look great. I'd love to have seats along those lines for my car. Where is Hancock Upholstery? Are these seats one off?

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jan 27 2012, 09:26 PM) *

Thank you Sir.

Believe it or not, those are 914 seats that I had Hancock Upholstery custom build to GT seat specs. We used actual GT seats to get the bolster contour and a lot of pictures of real GT seats. They basically bolt right in (of course):

Eric_Shea
Didn't your wedding ring fuse to your finger?

Until I ripped it off...

Two of your nicely dressed young men just stopped by, I told them to pray for you.

Bless you Brother Hines.

Where is Hancock Upholstery? Are these seats one off?

Here in Salt Lake. Yes, basically one off's. We used copper tubing to get the bolster profile then glassed everything in. A good amount of padding and someone who know's upholstery and you're good to go. Got the vintage cord from International.
pete-stevers
Are you going to post the Darn pics of how you made the seat...for the archives...
and those who may be curious ....ahem.... interested... in building one or two
Eric_Shea
They're here somewhere.
EdwardBlume
What does human flesh taste like? confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
I didn't eat it... blink.gif
Eric_Shea
Steve. Here's a start:

IPB Image

Lopped off the headrests. Then attached the copper tube with the bolster profile. Copper is nice because it bends so easily. He then glassed that in and attached padding. I think anyone could do the basic shell, the trick is the upholstery after the fact. A good upholstery shop should be able to wrap it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.