Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: valve adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
opera guy
following the article on PP's site, i began to adjust my valves yesterday.

after i found TDC and begin to work on cylinder #1. i took out nut on the intake, and removed the valve adjustment screw to inspect for pitting. the screw looked fine so i put it back in. somehow, the screw wont go back to its prior location. i was only able to screw it in about 6-8 turns. I am positive im not cross-threading it. i think the valve popped out (closed inside the combustion chamber). how do i push the valve INTO the combustion chamber so i can continue threading the valve adjustment screw in and continue to do my adjustment?

please tell me i didnt bent a valve, please!!
Aaron Cox
shouldnt be any load on the rocker when your working on it

ie. Valve directly across the engine should be open
SpecialK
kinda sounds like your push-rod isn't seated down in the lifter/tappet. Wiggle the push-rod around see if that gets you the clearance needed.
nebreitling
are you SURE that you were at TDC?
opera guy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Aug 29 2004, 01:28 PM)
are you SURE that you were at TDC?

yeah, i tripple checked.... and checked again.
opera guy
QUOTE(Special_K @ Aug 29 2004, 01:08 PM)
kinda sounds like your push-rod isn't seated down in the lifter/tappet. Wiggle the push-rod around see if that gets you the clearance needed.

this seems to be it. i messed around with the rocker arm and fixed one of them (cylinder 4 exhaust). now only one left (cylinder 1 intake) to "mess" "wiggle" wish me luck
opera guy
YES!!!!!!!

Special_K you freaking RULE!! smilie_pokal.gif lemme know when you're coming to socal, i owe you a beer.

i also like to thank the Academy for acox914's help!!! smilie_pokal.gif you're not old enough to drink, i owe you a Pepsi tongue.gif

car sounds 100X better already. i think i'll let it sit over night and double check the adjustments again.

this board ROCKS!!!!
Aaron Cox
john,

you know the number now:
9-1-4 whats youre emergency? lol2.gif

glad you got it to work out,
SpecialK
mueba.gif

Glad I could help! beer.gif
redshift
lol Aaron.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.