Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hindsight is 20/20
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Well for the first time in AGES, I actually worked on the teener all weekend. Literally, 9am-8pm Saturday and 8am-7pm Sunday.

As they say, hindsight is 20/20 and if no one has told you this before, make sure you finish all your tub prep, rustproofing, bracket fabrication, wiring, and whatnot BEFORE you install a full welded rollcage!!! headbang.gif Brad and Tony kinda warned me about that as they started welding, but it didn't fully sink in at the time.

Saturday started off lame. I pulled off the rear shocks & springs to upgrade a couple parts. Lo and behold, the new parts didn't fit! Argh, wasted the first garage stint.

It got much better from there, but Dirk Wright's Disease (or whatever we call it these days) definitely set in. My main mission was to install the passenger side race seat. Of course, I ended up stripping the remaining tar on one floorboard section, re-POR15-ing the entire interior, and then oh well I guess I need to repaint the cage since there were some ragged spots. With all this plus cutting out the stock seat brackets and cross-bar, fabbing the new seat mount reinforcements, lots of misc. other cutting and drilling, installing the passenger 5-points...it turned into the entire weekend.

In the next week the fuel cell and fire system will go in, plus new center tunnel fuel lines, plus while the tank is out I'm going to upgrade to a Smart-Racing swaybar and do the ERP bump steer kit and raise the Bilstein strut spindles. I am farming out some of this work as my next major garage opportunity could be many weeks away.

If all goes well then this car will be basically "done" (haha) with the exception of the fiberglass deck lids, which I may not even do in the near term depending how the weight turns out.

And of course, a race engine aktion035.gif , which is now pushed off into next year sometime.

Yeah, I'll post some pics next weekend :finger2:
Brad Roberts
Which fuel cell Chris ?? Bill Pickering needs to sell his brand new in the box 914 fuel safe tank (stock tank with the bladder and cool filler system)

B
campbellcj
I got the Patrick (stock tank Fuel Safe setup); sounds similar to Bill's but probably twice as $$$ sad.gif

As they say, timing is everything. I'm sure it will find a new home easily.
Brad Roberts
Can you com up here for the Oct. POC event at Thunderhill ?? It would be great to have you up here. Roger Sheridan/Drew.. several other 914 guy's will make the treck from SoCal area.

B
campbellcj
It's possible. I would love to drive T-Hill and have never been there yet. My car will be legal for just about any event as of this week.
Brad Roberts
I'll *probably* have a good support crew there with me. If you decide to come up you will be well covered with help/track coaching.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 29 2004, 10:28 PM)
I'll *probably* have a good support crew there with me.

that would be me ...

laugh.gif Andy
Brad Roberts
And Britain... and little "B"

B
morgan
Brad I would like to buy that fuel cell. Let me know
JM
Jeroen
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Aug 30 2004, 04:32 AM)
Bill Pickering needs to sell his brand new in the box 914 fuel safe tank (stock tank with the bladder and cool filler system)

Crap... I'm totally out of 914 funds right now headbang.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.