Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sway Bar bushings...the ones on the bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim912928
Ok, all holes are drilled, painted...everything is done and ready to go but I can't get the bushings on the bar...what is the trick? I've beat, pounded, greased and I'm at a loss on how to get that square end through that small round hole.

Oh, factory sway bar.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Jim
Doug Leggins
I've only taken them apart and not put them back together on a car. The bushings that I have seen are slit in a way that they can be slid over the body of the bar, not slid on from the end. The bushing will need to be removed from the triangular mount in order to open it up along the slit. After the bushing is installed on the bar then press the triangular mount over the bushing.

Again, I haven't installed a set, but based on what I've seen this is what I would try.
jim912928
That makes alot of sense...just like the rear bar bushings.....Thanks!
Joe Ricard
Yup. get a razor and cut the one side length wise. (especially the poly units) put on bar from side. the triangle bracket will hold it together
jim912928
Just finished...this sure made it simpler! Thanks all (including Brad Mayeur who also suggested slitting these)!

Jim
Eric_Shea
Johnny Come Lately says agree.gif

If you order factory bushings they come with the slit in them. If you simply order the "bushings" from a popular parts house they send you Weltmeister parts. The Weltmeisters need to be slit.

I called them back when I got mine and dufus on the phone said they couldn't get factory ones. Me thinkz if I gave them a 901.341.xxx.xxx part number they could come up with them. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.