Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FLEX DAM - GB - $115+ shipping ALL rubber and dams are in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
rktmn247
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 5 2012, 07:22 AM) *

Looks like about 14 for sure and about 6 maybes for the fiberglass portion. I was able to get the cost down from $125 to $115 as it looks like there will be some quantity.

Looks like 19 rubber sections.

Just to clarify, the rubber is added to the fiberglass section, you don't need to have the rubber, but you need the (or a ) fiberglass part to mount the rubber to.
looks like we are close enough that the rubber will get made, just need to get 6 more commitments to make it pencil out, and I'll bet there are enough older airdams that need it that we can pick up the balance.

I'm having custom boxes made for these so that they can ship easier than last time. I can't see the shipping being more than $30 as an average

If I wasn't clear I'm in for one with the rubber. This is a great deal! Just curious about the shipping to Hawaii. Thanks again for stepping up and producing these!
Mikey914
QUOTE(streetrover @ Feb 5 2012, 01:36 PM) *

Count me in for the fiberglass air dam only. Any idea about shipping cost to So Cal (92344)?

Less than $30, but I will not know exactly until I have the boxes made this next week, I'm thinking closer to 25.
-Mark
lonewolfe
It's awsome that you will be able to make another run of the air dams. Now, if we could just get SSI to make another run of the 2.0L stainless heat exchangers. Does anyone have a source for these?
Mikey914
Unfortunately, yes. They are selling to a company in Germany, and your looking at above $1000 a set.
Jeffs9146
blink.gif
a914622
I was just digng thru my stash of parts and found i have one front airdam with the brake ducts. I dont know if you were looking for one to mold?

I still need one with out rubber and i will pick it up when done. Any PNW's that want me to pick theres up and hand off along the I5, I would be happy to do so. The little diesel sould have enough room for a few.

Jeff
davealden223
I'll take one without the rubber.

Dave
shoguneagle
These really worked on my 914-V8 I had several years ago in Santa Clara. I really liked the rubber extension for air flow and the speed bump/curbs.

I read in your comments you need the fiberglas to mount the rubber. I do have an older front the rubber mounts to but you also need additional purchasers for the fiberglas unit. Will the fiberglas part fit and match to a 916 front bumper??

Oh, what the hell. Put me down for a faberglas part and I have already said I wanted the rubber part. That should give you a total of seven. Just let me know where, how, and when to send the funds including shipping costs. Shipping costs would be to 86001 (Flagstaff, AZ).

Keep building your quality parts. Any mods needed to match the 916 bumper will be made at this end.

Steve
eric9144
I'm in for one with rubber! biggrin.gif
Mikey914
I will be including the hardware to mount the fiberglass to the body, I'll be also including the hardware on the rubber side for the connection to the fiberglass in stainless also.
lonewolfe
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 5 2012, 02:11 PM) *

Unfortunately, yes. They are selling to a company in Germany, and your looking at above $1000 a set.

Damn, that a lot of money. How much did the SSI's sell for new back when still on the market?
zig-n-zag
I'm in for 1 flex dam with rubber. Thanks!
usros
I would like one with rubber. Let me know how you would like payment.

Thom
914four
I would like one with rubber.

Kelvin
biker bob
I would like the airdam. No rubber.
Harpo
Count me in for the air dam with rubber please.

Thanks

David
Mikey914
QUOTE(usros @ Feb 6 2012, 12:41 PM) *

Thom

I plan to start shipping in about a week, as soon as I have units ready to shiping in about a week. I'll be contacting everyone that has posted here. The rubber will be about 6 weeks out, so I will collect and ship it as soon as it's ready.
-Mark
MartyYeoman
Any update? poke.gif
Mikey914
Marty,
Your timing is impecable. The first 3 will be ready Friday, and James is making these as fast as he can so we should see the bulk of them hitting next week. I'm sending out PM's shortly.
-Mark
a914622
Sweet I have to be in Oregon next week. If im on the PM list i can pick it up on the same trip..

jcl
Jeffs9146
$$$ sent! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
Mike Bellis
Mark, do you have any rubber that won't crack at the screw holes in 2 years? UV rated maybe?
lonewolfe
Money sent through Paypal!
brant
crud..

I just ripped my fiberglass one.
how much is shipping looking to be ? (no rubber)

I figure its a big box and a lot of shipping
Jeffs9146
Shipping to CA was just under $17! So I would think to you it would be a bit more but close from Hillsboro, OR!
Mikey914
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Feb 22 2012, 08:27 PM) *

Mark, do you have any rubber that won't crack at the screw holes in 2 years? UV rated maybe?

The holes will be hidden behind the front lip like the OEM one, so it should cracking from UV will not be a issue at the mount points. I do have UV sacrificial coatings that I do pretreat many of the parts I make with, I will also be bringing it onto the website. Aerospace 303 protectant.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Feb 22 2012, 03:10 PM) *

Any update? poke.gif

I'd like to see some before and after pics of this "upgrade"... smile.gif The air dams look great, keep up the good work Mark.
Mikey914
Just to clarify the rubber mounting will be the same as it was done on the original manufacturer's part, a split so the mounting hardware is reconciled. This allows for the rubber to be used on an original fiberglass part. So they are not really "upgraded". Just available with rubber that will be retrofittable to the originals for those that have them.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 22 2012, 10:01 PM) *

Shipping to CA was just under $17! So I would think to you it would be a bit more but close from Hillsboro, OR!

I don't make money on my shipping. That's a big part of it. That, and I had the boxes already.
brant
Mark,

I had better get one
I will take my cracked one off and see If I can piece it together...
but I had better put my name onto this list for one fiberglass only
(I have a rubber part already)

thanks
brant
Mikey914
QUOTE(brant @ Feb 23 2012, 02:56 PM) *

Mark,

I had better get one
I will take my cracked one off and see If I can piece it together...
but I had better put my name onto this list for one fiberglass only
(I have a rubber part already)

thanks
brant

I'll PM you
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 7 2012, 11:41 PM) *

Thom

I plan to start shipping in about a week, as soon as I have units ready to shiping in about a week. I'll be contacting everyone that has posted here. The rubber will be about 6 weeks out, so I will collect and ship it as soon as it's ready.
-Mark

Update?

Update????????
Elliot Cannon
Payment sent.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 29 2012, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 7 2012, 11:41 PM) *

Thom

-Mark

Update?

Update????????

Update??????????????
Pdr1787
I want one with rubber please.
Rand
Estimated shipping to begin 2/14 if I read correctly. I payed on 2/22. I have 100% trust in Mikey/Markie...But I'd also appreciate an update since we are about to head into the third week of March with no product and no response to update requests.

I'm not scared yet. But we are definitely needing a break from communication silence. Talk to us MikeyMark.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Rand @ Mar 8 2012, 08:53 PM) *

Estimated shipping to begin 2/14 if I read correctly. I payed on 2/22. I have 100% trust in Mikey/Markie...But I'd also appreciate an update since we are about to head into the third week of March with no product and no response to update requests.

I'm not scared yet. But we are definitely needing a break from communication silence. Talk to us MikeyMark.

Sorry,
I should have updated the thread, I have contacted a few of you to let you know we reworked the master and pulled 3 molds. I'm shipping the 1st of thes eout in the morning. I'll post a few pictures. James said the one mold would be a bit slower, but if we made 3 it would take a bit longer, but overall it would be faster.
-Mark
balljoint
I would like one if these as well if that is possible.
dr.tim
QUOTE(balljoint @ Mar 9 2012, 05:05 AM) *

I would like one if these as well if that is possible.

Me too. (airdam + rubber)
Rand
Thanks for the update Mark. smilie_pokal.gif
rwilner
For those of us with a front mounted oil cooler or radiator..how coul we modify one of these to let air in? I have a FG part now but it's on its last legs and I could use a replacement, but would prefer to not hack up a brand new part...
MartyYeoman
Any update for us "rubber only" customers? poke.gif
tadink
Is there a cut-off date when these will no longer be avail at this price? I'd like one - but timing is not 'perfect' - thx td
Mikey914
The die drawings are getting finalized now I'll be able to share a profile next week. It will be about 10 days to get the die and I will be at the press when it's extruded to approve 1st article and we can get the production run from there.
As production hasn't really started rolling yet I'll keep the GB open for the month of March I'll also be giving one away at WCR!
I'll post the picture of the part and tooling as promised shortly. But for now off for 2 hrs of hot yoga! screwy.gif
What was I thinking?
Mikey914
just got off the phone with James. He's pulling these off now and were looking for at least 10 to be ready to ship on Wednesday. Just trying to give everyone the heads up.
Die drawings are beind finalized this week for the rubber and I'll post a profife as soon as we get it done.
-mark
RoadGlue
Mark! I'm interested in a dam with rubber. I'll PM you...
Mikey914
Update on thread. Got the drawings for the rubber tooling done. Made a slight improvement by placing an allignment rib on the back side for hardware.

Tooling is going forward I will be at the line when the 1st article is produced to allow for production to be done right off the same press. This will save 2 weeks in the production, as I'm allready a bit behind on this part.
TravisNeff
too late to jump in on the GB?
Mikey914
No, they are moving slowly, I'll drop you the PM.
jsayre914
icon_bump.gif

We are 1 week closer to getting our dams cheer.gif

Cant wait beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.