Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FLEX DAM - GB - $115+ shipping ALL rubber and dams are in
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Mikey914
OK,
Looks like enough interest to put these back in production. They will be $115 + shipping. This is the airdam only.

I am re-valuating the rubber for these also. Before there just wasn't enough demand to produce it. But, if I can get 25 firm orders at $49 for the rubber only. I will make it. After the GB I would sell at $65, as these are a heavy rubber part

The airdams can be produced in a few weeks easily, but the rubber will require me to make a die and run it which is usually a 6-8 week process, so I will have one before the other, if there is enough interest.

The rubber will be retrofittable to the old dams, so if you have one (and I know there were a few out there) and need the rubber, you can buy just the rubber

So if you are interested post here what you want.
thx

Attched are pictures of one on my old car.

BTW- don't you love it when the new owner loves to taunt you by sending pictures like this.
VegasRacer
I'll take 1 with rubber. sheeplove.gif
MoveQik
Mark, your pic is a little dark. Can I assume it is the same spoiler pictured below from the other thread?
Rand
I've always loved that setup with the rubber skirt. I would definitely be in for both airdam and rubber.

(Shout out to Rhodyguy, who gave me one of those fiberglass parts at a Seattle swap meet a few years back. Thanks Kevin, always appreciated that. I had to let that car go when I moved.)
Mikey914
Yes,
Tom found an old one that was useable and mounted it. Here's a better before.
tradisrad
I may be in for an air dam with the rubber.
Mikey914
Not a pretty as this one, but I really liked this picture.
JmuRiz
Can the rubber be added/removed as-needed?

Say you wanted to run w/o the rubber on the street (curbs/driveways etc) and with the rubber at the track.
Tom_T
I sent you a SOT but related PM. biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Feb 2 2012, 11:35 AM) *

Can the rubber be added/removed as-needed?

Say you wanted to run w/o the rubber on the street (curbs/driveways etc) and with the rubber at the track.

Nathan,

The idea of the solid rubber ones made back in the 70's & 80's was to have it flex rather than break on parking lot wheel bumpers, curbs, low approach aprons on driveways, etc.

So I would assume that Mark is talking about a solid & fully flexible one for either street or track/AX for that reason - not a removable rubber cover.
Elliot Cannon
I'll take one with rubber as well. PM me an address and I'll send a check for what ever the total is.
Cheers, Elliot
aharder
Mark,

I would be in for 1 Air Dam.

Thanks.
Allen
Jeffs9146
I am in for one no rubber please!
VaccaRabite
I've got one of these units on my car and can testify that they are great.

Zach
MartyYeoman
Put me down for 1ea. rubber only.
Thanks, Marty
TC 914-8
I bought one of marks Flexdams 2 years ago. It came with rubber which I mounted with separate brackets so I didn't poke holes in the fiberglass. I posted a few pictures back then but here is a few more.
Thanks Mark, hope all is well.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
wingnut86
Mark,

Job interview on 2/10. Afterwards if I'm offered, definately want the kit w/rubber...

beer3.gif
Mikey914
To clarify the part about being able to remove the rubber for the street, Yes, you can. The issue is the holes in the fiberglass that you would see. I guess they could be addressed with some type of plug. The bumper would come undrilled and I'm sure I could put together a hardware kit for mounting.
-Mark
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 2 2012, 10:51 AM) *
Looks like enough interest to put these back in production. They will be $125 + shipping. This is the airdam only.

Stupid question, since i haven't looked at a stock frontend in forever. Where the air-dam mounts, is there enough space behind it to run brake ducts?

Or is there sheetmetal behind most of the air-dam?
idea.gif
Mikey914
This actually mounts on the tabs that the OEM lower metal cover would mount, there is pleanty of room behind it.
a914622
Im in for one airdam if i can come pick it up? No shipping .I need a reason to run south!

Jcl
Mikey914
I would just as soon not ship, but I have learned that custom boxes make life much easier.
So, yes pick up is fine.
SirAndy
Hmmm, i'd have to have a close look at one mounted on a car to see if there's room to mount brake cooler ducts to the spoiler.

If so, i'm in for a spoiler AND the rubber bottom ...
idea.gif
jmill
Is the spoiler glass? I have a flared car and would need to tweak it a bit. Do you give extra rubber so I could trim to fit??
Kargeek
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

If you tool up to make these, add a an inside fender lip to match the one on the fender.
scottb
QUOTE(Kargeek @ Feb 2 2012, 07:39 PM) *

If you tool up to make these, add a an inside fender lip to match the one on the fender.

the short skirt is nice on this one....
rktmn247
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Feb 2 2012, 11:10 AM) *

I bought one of marks Flexdams 2 years ago. It came with rubber which I mounted with separate brackets so I didn't poke holes in the fiberglass. I posted a few pictures back then but here is a few more.
Thanks Mark, hope all is well.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

I am interested also. Looks like your car has flairs. How did you mod to fit? Is that the same one as in your avatar? Mikey how much to ship to Hawaii, with and with out the rubber?
JStroud
I'm in for one, no rubber.

Thanks
Jeff
Jeffs9146
I am noticing that you must be reproducing these from the original that is posted on my car?

Is this the same one that is mounted on the silver one? Notice the end of the Dam is squared off and the one that others are showing is not!

Which one will we be getting?

First photo is the one I want and the second I will need more details and the third one just looks different!

Maybe they modified the second one for the flairs??! beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
I have one too. It can be spread a little for a flared car. I did cut a releif in both corners so it wouldn't crack...

Click to view attachment
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Feb 2 2012, 11:43 AM) *

I'll take one with rubber as well. PM me an address and I'll send a check for what ever the total is.
Cheers, Elliot

Because I want one right NOW!!! lol-2.gif
shoguneagle
I am into getting a rubber one. Please put me on your list and let me know when and how you want the money.

Steve Hurt
aharder
QUOTE(aharder @ Feb 2 2012, 01:44 PM) *

Mark,

I would be in for 1 Air Dam.

Thanks.
Allen

Ok, I'm changing my mind idea.gif That Rubber looks good so I'm in for including the rubber on mine. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
The one that I have tooled up for is this one. We didn't add any cooling ducts, or make larger edges for flairs, however they can be modifed as some of my customers have done. The problem with setting up for flairs is that there are 2 differnt manufacturers of the steel, and also fiberglass ones. I don't have a way to assure the fit, so I made the tooling with a netural blended edge. It can be modified. It's just a matter of cost, and I'm trying to keep the cost down.
SLITS
One with rubber ...............
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 2 2012, 11:19 PM) *

The one that I have tooled up for is this one. We didn't add any cooling ducts, or make larger edges for flairs, however they can be modifed as some of my customers have done. The problem with setting up for flairs is that there are 2 differnt manufacturers of the steel, and also fiberglass ones. I don't have a way to assure the fit, so I made the tooling with a netural blended edge. It can be modified. It's just a matter of cost, and I'm trying to keep the cost down.

OK so it is no longer like the one on the my old silver car with the blocked edge!

It now has the smoother ends??
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 3 2012, 08:11 AM) *
OK so it is no longer like the one on the my old silver car with the blocked edge!

That's what it looks like ...

I'd be interested in a version that is a bit taller and has brake ducts and a oil cooler cutout and flared ends and a larger rubber lip.
biggrin.gif
amphiduck
I'd be in for one without rubber. What's the damage on getting one to TN?
Mikey914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 3 2012, 08:11 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 2 2012, 11:19 PM) *

Yes you can see how the edge is less defined, this is how we made the molds. The blocked edges could be done with some retooling but would add significantly to the cost. I'm trying to keep the costs down on these as much as I can. As well as keep confusion down.
BTW I was able to reduce the cost to $115.
pilothyer
I am in for one with rubber and one with no holes, no rubber.....Thanks again Mark for making these................Jerry
ottox914
Count me in for one with rubber.

-Dave
Robert21
I would buy one looks great Robert21 with rubber thanks
Porschef
+ 1, w rubber...
DBCooper
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 3 2012, 10:26 AM) *
I'm trying to keep the costs down on these as much as I can. As well as keep confusion down.

You sure have this board figured out.

FlatIV
One of each, please.
Mikey914
Looks like about 14 for sure and about 6 maybes for the fiberglass portion. I was able to get the cost down from $125 to $115 as it looks like there will be some quantity.

Looks like 19 rubber sections.

Just to clarify, the rubber is added to the fiberglass section, you don't need to have the rubber, but you need the (or a ) fiberglass part to mount the rubber to.
looks like we are close enough that the rubber will get made, just need to get 6 more commitments to make it pencil out, and I'll bet there are enough older airdams that need it that we can pick up the balance.

I'm having custom boxes made for these so that they can ship easier than last time. I can't see the shipping being more than $30 as an average
jsayre914
Im in for 1 airdam and the rubber

beerchug.gif
FourBlades
In for 1 plus rubber!

John
lonewolfe
I'll take one with rubber too! Keep me posted on the details. Thank you!
streetrover
Count me in for the fiberglass air dam only. Any idea about shipping cost to So Cal (92344)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.