Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got my SS heat exchangers...(pic)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
opera guy
Got these used off a guy here (i think, maybe PP classifieds) just got them today so im postin pics.. any advice in removing old ones from my car and installing these puppies would be appreciated
opera guy
asdf
opera guy
adsf
opera guy
the under side
McMark
Check the mounting tabs/hoops to make sure the welds aren't cracking. They look awesome.
SpecialK
I've read here somewhere that it's a good idea to take a large (long) file, and square the tops of the inlets even with each other to get a good seal at the exhaust ports. Make sure that the old copper gaskets were removed from the exhaust port. And I haven't tried it yet, but I hear that using a small amount of red RTV to hold the new copper gaskets in place while installing the new HE's works pretty well. I'll be doing the same thing in a week or so. Also, you'll want to soak the hell out of the exhaust studs and nuts with PB Blaster or something similar to ease removal of the rusty-ass nuts.

P.S. - nice clean set of HE's you've got there!
opera guy
QUOTE(markd@mac.com @ Aug 31 2004, 03:10 PM)
Check the mounting tabs/hoops to make sure the welds aren't cracking. They look awesome.

no cracks on mounting hoops smilie_pokal.gif
opera guy
QUOTE(Special_K @ Aug 31 2004, 03:33 PM)
....  Also, you'll want to soak the hell out of the exhaust studs and nuts with PB Blaster or something similar to ease removal of the rusty-ass nuts.

P.S. - nice clean set of HE's you've got there!

thanks, they do look awesome, dont they smile.gif
SpecialK
As requested wink.gif

The beautiful scenery of Lake of the Ozarks "Party Cove" wub.gif
opera guy
thats the one.... wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.