Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 for sale/pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
eitnurg
It's the "build number", 131 0436, see post above.
echocanyons
I see, thanks biggrin.gif I imagine they did this with all 914's have I assumed to much?

Are the hood and trunk stamped in this manner also it may help determine if the car was wrecked and other panels were used.
Bleyseng
Here is a picture of the yellow 916 that is in Japan.
Geoff
URY914
That yellow car used to belong to Otis Chandler, the former(?) owner/publisher of the LA Times. Big time Porsche guy. Owner of 917/30, and 935 he use to race in IMSA. He had a huge collection of cars.

Paul
Jeroen
Black 916 (previously viper green)
Jeroen
Brown 916
Jeroen
Yellow...
Jeroen
again...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ May 3 2003, 04:18 PM)
Black 916 (previously viper green)

are you sure the black one is genuine?
the round side marker blinker were USA export only ...

and there was only one originally delivered to the US.
plus, in the pic of the black car, they're in the wrong location,
they should be lower and to the front.
like in the pix of the only US 916 ...

Andy
Jeroen
Hey Andy,

Dunno, you could be right...
IIRC this pic is from the 25 jahre 914 international meeting in Germany

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
The black (viper green) car was in fact in the US. I have an article about that one too. The owner was as listed above and was/is an owner of a shop in San Francisco. The article says it was brought to the US in '75 after it was "federalized" which would explain the side marker.

Paul
drhamley
I must admit I am impressed with the technical knowledge that is presented here. You know more about the 916 than I do. I believe you really deserve the title enthusiasts.
GWN7
Dr. Hamley,

there are over 600 members who come here to share their enthusiasm for these cars. Some who post here design and build new parts better than what the factory put on our cars. Others like my self come here to learn about our cars. On this thread alone there have been almost 1200 views. I have read posts with pictures attached of small obscure parts on a 917 and watched as the part was identified and on whose car it belongs.

If someone has a question, no matter how trivial or how technical they will get an answer.

People on here have driven hours, sometimes flying to a location to help someone work on their car. In fact, I believe if you and your car were on this side of the pond you would have all the hands on help you would need to restore it. I’m sure that if you need help locating anything for you car you will receive all the help you need.

I’ve had more fun with the people here than on any of the other car boards or clubs that I have belonged to and I have never met any of the people here.

I guess I’m just trying to say, you have come to the right place.
eitnurg
Must admit I also thought that the black car was an impostor - the roof-mounted aerial is another discrepancy.

It seems that "916S" is therefore the ex-Jerry Leonard car, -0018.

And this one has an aerial discrepancy too:
eitnurg
Dr Hamley

There is - possibly - the opportunity to resolve a 30-year mystery.

Porsche's records state that -0017 was fitted with engine number 632 5021.

They also state that -0015 was fitted with engine number......632 5021.

So - what's your engine number?
Lawrence
In this picture it shows numbers written in a marker or chalk these numbers were used by the factory at least in the earlier cars(356's) to keep all of the panels with there perspective chassis's and all of the panels would have the last three numbers correlating with the chassis number. This included the hoods and the doors in the 356's but the hood and doors had the number stamped rather than written this could be used to determine if all of the panels are original assuming the 914's have these numbers as well.

The insides of my doors have never been repainted - and I've never seen this. If it was written in chalk, I suppose it could have rubbed off.
drhamley
Chassis nr. 914 233 0017 is fitted with engine nr. 632 5021.
eitnurg
hmmmm...halfway there. Anyone know who owns -0015?
drhamley
That is the only name on my list that is missing. I believe Mr. Hussey would know.
Lawrence
Dr. Hamley,

If this is presumptuous, please excuse me. Have you contacted Stoddard's Import in the US, to gauge their potential interest? If I had to pick a home for a 916, they'd be high on my list.

-Rusty
drhamley
No, I have not. I am afraid I cannot put that name into context. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.
Lawrence
Stoddard Import is in Willoughby, Ohio. They are one of the premiere dealerships in the US, with (I've been told) strong ties to the Porsche family.

Stoddard Imported Cars

The president is Hans Wichter. He can be reached at eruhe@earthlink.net.

Hope this helps,
Rusty
Bleyseng
I agree with GWN7 that if you had Brad restore the car we would all pitch in to help on it. Would make a great club project!
Geoff
echocanyons
So I take it 0018 has been resprayed?
Brad Roberts
Kelly,

and all..

The numbers show that only one car was painted Gemini Blue (9142330017) but all the pics you find are of a Gemini Blue car here in Northern Ca. I would like to contact the owner of the NorCal car. Does anybody have a email address for him, or the old Ebay ads he used to run.... or know what serial number his car is ??

I have looked thru my 4k+ pic archive and cannot locate anything where I shot the VIN of the NorCal car.

B
Qarl
The S/N for the one one E-bay over the past years was... 9142330018

I found a website in German which I had google translate. The website referred to this blue car and the serial number.

http://www.vw-porsche-914-club-westfalen.d.../porsche916.htm

This coincides with some of the charts that there was a blue 916 with this serial number.

Regards,

Karl Ellzey
Brad Roberts
Thanks Karl (kinda late in FL is it not ??) LOL

Cool that the NorCal car is number 18.

B
Qarl
Yes it's late. Working on getting the house in order. It is being "repainted" tomorrow. Every now and then your stuff gets run down and it needs a good repaint.

Tomorrow night I will be high on paint fumes! Yippee!

Regards,

Karl
drhamley
Gentlemen,

as I found out today the 17 was involved in an accident. It was hit from the rear on the German Autobahn. The damage, however, was minor and, as you can see, was repaired. I will try to find more information on that issue.

William
drhamley
I can't believe this. Read the email I just received. I will call that car dealer ASAP...

Dear Dr. Hamley,
I'm an italian Porsche fan and collector and I Know about Your 916 since it was offered from Automobile Gallery of Strasbourg more than one year ago.
Now I'd like to know more about the car, actual condition and location, and the price You request.
I'm really serious and interested in the car but I'd like not to loose time as I did with Automobile Gallery. I'm interested to buy the car now. Therefore I ask You to be precise and honest in the information on the car.
Gint
Dr. Hamley,
You could direct him here?
drhamley
I did direct the gentleman here.
Qarl
I received notice from the good Dr. Hamley, that the 916 car #17 has been sold.

Hope the new owner shares it with the rest of the world instead of hiding it in a garage.

Regards,

Karl
Bleyseng
Hmm, I wonder how much? Well, atleast we know it exists and maybe the new owner will share with us the rest of the story as it unfolds.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.