Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel center cap GB - $59 Fuch, Pedrini, Maule
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
I'm in production of the center caps again, and have had requests in the past for the knock off wheel caps. From my information received from another member the hole size that I need to fit is 2.4375", I planned to do 5 sets, but if there is a need for more, now is the time for me to do them. So if you need a set for your stock wheels, or larger size knock offs' sign up here.
I will be doing these this weekend and will be sent to finishing this next week. Product will be ready to ship in 7 days.

If you need the larger size, let me know as soon as possible, as I may be able to increase my production.

1st picture is the unfinished part; the second is finished and installed. I will be using a new process that will make the part slightly shinier.
-Mark
TheCabinetmaker
I need one set for the stock wheels please.
plas76targa
I'll go for a set for the Fuchs. Thanks for making these
Valy
My wheels have a 60mm hole. Will the new cap fit?
mwyatt
+1
914_teener
QUOTE(mwyatt @ Feb 3 2012, 11:06 AM) *

+1

Knock off or 2.4375 centers.

Thanks Mark
falconfp2001
I'll take a set for Pedrinis. Any one hear of a Pedrini that had a larger whole? I have one that does so I was wondering?

Frank
Mikey914
Pedrinis should be the same at least in the PET the same part is listed
70-914nut
I need a set that will fit a 3 1/4 in hole for a set of riverias. how much would that be?
hcdmueller
I will take a set of 5 for stock Fuchs. Will you ship to an APO?
JawjaPorsche
PM sent for a set for Mahle wheels.
bigkensteele
I responded on the other post. Now that I see the pic, I am in for a set of stockers.
monkeyboy
I responded on the other post as well, but here I am again. I could use a set for some of the 2L Fuchs.

Thanks.
aircooledtechguy
My Mahles have 60mm or 2.3625". . . Is the cost per cap or a set of 4?? I need a set for the wheels on my Squareback.
balljoint
I need a set of centre caps for my fake Fuchs. I am in for sure.

PO had wrapped duct tape around real caps so they would fit blink.gif

falconfp2001
QUOTE(falconfp2001 @ Feb 3 2012, 12:05 PM) *

I'll take a set for Pedrinis. Any one hear of a Pedrini that had a larger whole? I have one that does so I was wondering?

Frank

My Pedrinis are 2 3/8"
mhuber45
I need a set for some knock off fuchs
Gint
Right on! I'll take a set for factory Fuchs and a set of knock-offs. I'll get you a measurement.
bigkensteele
I wish that it would be feasible for you to make a low-profile version. I have never liked how far the stock part protrudes, for no apparent reason. The dust cap on my front hubs stands about even with the face of my Mahles, so I am not sure why they made the cap the way they did. However, your part looks incredible, as usual.
Mikey914
Interest notede from double post
-
scott_in_nh
bigkensteele
monkeyboy
quadracerx
Mikey914
QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 3 2012, 06:42 PM) *

Right on! I'll take a set for factory Fuchs and a set of knock-offs. I'll get you a measurement.

These do fit the stock ones. There are 4 lug fuchs that have a larger opening. These do fit any of the stock wheels.

As far as the depth, I figured out why they were so deep, the front caps, The shape needs some depth to make with a draw stamp for the OEM.

There were enough knock offs made that I figured that it may be worth doing up at least a few extras for the knock offs.
lonewolfe

I'd like to get a set from you. I have factory 4 spoke Fuchs wheels. Tell me what you need from me when you have a chance. Thx!

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 3 2012, 08:08 AM) *

I'm in production of the center caps again, and have had requests in the past for the knock off wheel caps. From my information received from another member the hole size that I need to fit is 2.4375", I planned to do 5 sets, but if there is a need for more, now is the time for me to do them. So if you need a set for your stock wheels, or larger size knock offs' sign up here.
I will be doing these this weekend and will be sent to finishing this next week. Product will be ready to ship in 7 days.

If you need the larger size, let me know as soon as possible, as I may be able to increase my production.

1st picture is the unfinished part; the second is finished and installed. I will be using a new process that will make the part slightly shinier.
-Mark

KENNY
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 3 2012, 08:08 AM) *

-Mark

I will like a set please for my Fuchs wheels
OU8AVW
I'm in for a set for 2.0 Fuchs. Thanks!
Geezer914
I'm in for a set of 4 to fit my Mahles
MDG
2 sets for 2.0 Fuchs please.

Thanks Mark!
clapeza
I'll take a set for the knock-off Fuchs.
reharvey
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 4 2012, 12:09 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Feb 3 2012, 06:42 PM) *

These do fit the stock ones. There are 4 lug fuchs that have a larger opening. These do fit any of the stock wheels.

As far as the depth, I figured out why they were so deep, the front caps, The shape needs some depth to make with a draw stamp for the OEM.

There were enough knock offs made that I figured that it may be worth doing up at least a few extras for the knock offs.

I'll take one set for my stock OEM Fuchs. Thanks
7TPorsh
In for a set of 4. Have to check the size. 2.0 knockoffs of some sort.
7TPorsh
In for a set of 4. Have to check the size. 2.0 knockoffs of some sort.

ooops
TJB/914
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Feb 4 2012, 07:55 AM) *

Mikey914

I also need (4) for my spare Mahles. I am still not clear about the price @ $59.00?? I assume this is the total price for a set of (4) plus shipping?

Tom
falconfp2001
So, how will we do payment? I still want a set for Pedrini.

Thanks
Mikey914
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Feb 4 2012, 11:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Feb 4 2012, 07:55 AM) *

Mikey914

I also need (4) for my spare Mahles. I am still not clear about the price @ $59.00?? I assume this is the total price for a set of (4) plus shipping?

Tom

Yes, $59. The shipping was not included as we have some international friends that sign up too. Domestic I'd plan $5 for priority mail. I'll also throw in any other small parts you may need. I'll be contacting those that have signed up on the thread when The finising schedule is finalized.
-Mark
zig-n-zag
I'll buy a set for my factory 4-lug Fuchs. Thanks again.
usros
I would like a set for my OEM Fuchs Thanks
eric9144
In case anyone is curious--they are perfect works of art, here's some pics for anyone still on the fence about picking them up--the fit, finish and quality are IMHO, better than the NLA stock ones:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
zymurgist
I would like one set for stock Mahle wheels.
aircooledtechguy
I'm in for a set for my factory Mahle wheel w/ 60mm centers beerchug.gif
Mikey914
From what I've seen so far the knock offs are 2.437 dia Holes. Anyone what to check to see if thire knock off's are this size, the stock wheels I've got covered, so, it would be nice to confirm a few measurements to see if this will work. I plan to run these in the next day.
euro911
I'd like to put some center caps on my ATS wheels, but I don't know the diameter. I believe they're larger than the wheels that have been mentioned confused24.gif

I'll have to check when I get over to the shop tomorrow.
Mikey914
I'm using 3"dia stock fo these which means the max hole size I can accomidate on this run would be 2.8"
I had heard there may be a variation on the knock offs that is 2.59 or 66mm, thought I'd check to see if anyone had those, as nows the time. these will be running first thing in the morning tomorrow.

And by the way, we have made an improvement on the finish that will make it more chrome like than the 1st generation, you may not notice unless it's pointed out, but it's one of the finishing processes that we had tried on the windshield chrome, that works on this temper and alloy nicely, but not on the windshield chrome.
Valy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 7 2012, 09:17 AM) *

I'm using 3"dia stock fo these which means the max hole size I can accomidate on this run would be 2.8"
I had heard there may be a variation on the knock offs that is 2.59 or 66mm, thought I'd check to see if anyone had those, as nows the time. these will be running first thing in the morning tomorrow.

And by the way, we have made an improvement on the finish that will make it more chrome like than the 1st generation, you may not notice unless it's pointed out, but it's one of the finishing processes that we had tried on the windshield chrome, that works on this temper and alloy nicely, but not on the windshield chrome.

Mark,

I have 66mm holes and will be interested in a set if you make those available.
flippa
I would be in for a set of stock Fuch 2.0's
rgolia
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 3 2012, 11:08 AM) *

-Mark

I will take a set for original fuchs
Valy
QUOTE(Valy @ Feb 7 2012, 09:37 AM) *

Mark,

I have 66mm holes and will be interested in a set if you make those available.

Here are some pictures from the previous attempt. The caps in the picture are the 60mm ones and the wheels are Fuch.
Note that although the 66mm measurement looks off-center, it's just an optical illusion. The hole is exactly 66mm.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

euro911
Mark, the ATS hub hole is 70mm. 2.8 " = 71.12 mm, so is it possible to make some from the stock you have on hand?
Click to view attachment
Valy
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 7 2012, 05:47 PM) *

Mark, the ATS hub hole is 70mm. 2.8 " = 71.12 mm, so is it possible to make some from the stock you have on hand?
Click to view attachment

That looks to me like 2 3/4" not 2.8"
914_teener
poke.gif

Mark,

Good thing you asked... Valys right...looks like I have both sizes from the OP. I can grind the other two down.

So please make mine all the 2.59 size as I can carefully dremmel the other two down with a plug gauge since these want to be a press fit.

I measured 2.57 and then my hand slipped cause my wheels are on the car....
My calipers are Starret.... poke.gif ......dial guage poke.gif

Thanks for making these Mark

Click to view attachment

euro911
QUOTE(Valy @ Feb 7 2012, 06:04 PM) *
That looks to me like 2 3/4" not 2.8"
Mark mentioned that 2.8" is the max that can be made at the present time.

idea.gif Well, let's do the math ...

2 3/4" = 2.75"

2.75" = 69.85mm, which is pretty darn close to 70mm. (70mm is actually 2.75590")

Since the max is 2.8" (or 71.12mm), and the ATS measure 70mm, it appears that this is doable.

If not, I guess I'll continue to expose my bare-naked hubs to the World shades.gif
Mikey914
looks like I'll do 4 sets of 2.75"
and 6 sets at 2.59"
2 sets at 2.43
I think That will cover a few bases.
-mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.