Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pocono Racing In Car Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisFoley
This is the first 2 laps of my Saturday race, shortly after the flood waters receded.Pocono Race Video
The clip is about 4 1/2 minutes at high res.
Aaron Cox
very cool. 3 914's on the track? way too cool
ablose58
AWE Chris, Now you made me real homesick barf.gif I used to live very close to long pond/broadheadsville area but I will be going back to visit family and friends soon smilie_pokal.gif AL
sgomes
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

Fantastic video!!! I found myself jammin' my right foot on the floor driving.gif lol2.gif
peridotian
I don't know, I was working my left foot pretty hard watching those puddles ohmy.gif !
seanery
great job Chris. smilie_pokal.gif

It looks like either you or your car drives better than the other teeners, but they had more power on the straight.
Did you use almost all the oval? Man, seemed like you were on it forever.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(RookOut @ Sep 2 2004, 09:00 AM)
The other two 914s are also four cylinder cars. The yellow one blew past Chris on the straight and then both the blue and yellow 914s pulled away from him. Who's building their motors?

i saw that too. didnt want to rub it in wink.gif
Rocky
I had a crowd around my desk watching it. AWSOME!! smilie_pokal.gif

Next to Mike Z's Avatar's my crew couldnt be happier. aktion035.gif

Tim
ChrisFoley
The yellow car is a 2 liter 6, EP car & should be faster than me and the blue car. That's Steve Limbert.
Les Handly, the blue car driver is at least 10 years older than me and been racing that much longer than me as well. He's one of my benchmarks, & has a bit more engine than I have, but I don't think 30 hp. Of course that's not his "Runoffs motor", and that is mine. unsure.gif
The black car was FP fast qualifier that weekend, and started 4th at last years SCCA Runoffs, so I was very excited to be ahead of him for more than a lap.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 2 2004, 11:31 AM)
It looks like either you or your car drives better than the other teeners, but they had more power on the straight.
Did you use almost all the oval? Man, seemed like you were on it forever.

I'd like to think I'm a better driver, and my car's handling is still improving little by little.
That track configuration is flat out (except for entering the bowl sad.gif ) for more than a mile and a half, 2/3rds of the full oval.
Starting from second gear at 5500 rpm (45mph) and shifting around 6500rpm, I saw at least 6800 in fifth on more than one occasion, which is above 120mph with my gearing.
I'm impressed with what I'm getting with a Web 86a cam!
Jake Raby
Chris is doing way more with way less engine than these other guysand still keeping up!

The 86A is a great cam for this, it simply runs out of steam at 7K though. I have a cam with about 20 thou more lift and 20 degrees more exhaust duration that will really bring it to life...

Thats for next season, right Chris??

BTW, Chris- Alpine (Alfred) thinks your car is slow!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(RookOut @ Sep 2 2004, 09:05 PM)
I don't think his car is slow ... I was just amazed that the #78 car was any competition in a straight line for a car powered by one of your motors.

If you were thinking that Jake built my engine, you were mistaken again. Too date I have built all my own race engines.
Next season I should be working with MassIVe horsepower though. biggrin.gif
URY914
Here is the #78's -4
URY914
Funny that he runs those tall stacks that everyone told me I should take off my car, idea.gif

Paul
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(RookOut @ Sep 2 2004, 09:55 PM)
I got you confused with Mark

ohmy.gif
seanery
WTF is the fat, long clear hose? puke bottle?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(seanery @ Sep 2 2004, 07:06 PM)
WTF is the fat, long clear hose? puke bottle?

twas my guess cool.gif
Jake Raby
Yep, Chris has done a really good job of assembling his own engines....Very impressive for sure

Next year we'll show #78 just why he needs to get rid of those tall stacks!!

BUT maybe he has taller gearing and a combo that needs the extra air charge and velocity. In my way of building engines they just don't work....Everytime we have tested them the engine lost power in the upper revs and since these guys are worthless below 5K RPM all the rev you can get is the key!

Next season we'll have 3 F productions and an E production on the tracks across the country as well as 4 more dedicated guys in HSR..... Heck Chris might find himself paired up with another MassIVe engine in the run offs next year and that will be cool competition considering the engines are so closely built.
URY914
Just given' ya some crap about the stacks, Jake biggrin.gif

Paul
Gary
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 2 2004, 04:35 PM)
The yellow car is a 2 liter 6, EP car & should be faster than me and the blue car.  That's Steve Limbert.
Les Handly, the blue car driver is at least 10 years older than me and been racing that much longer than me as well.  He's one  of my benchmarks, & has a bit more engine than I have, but I don't think 30 hp.  Of course that's not his "Runoffs motor", and that is mine.  :unsure:
The black car was FP fast qualifier that weekend, and started 4th at last years SCCA Runoffs, so I was very excited to be ahead of him for more than a lap.

Hey cool! Steve rebuilt my -6 and is putting together my 914.

Gary's 914

Soon, now. Very Soon...

Boy. Hope you two aren't mortal enemies.. wink.gif wink.gif
Mr_Chu
sweet video.. your 4 sounds mean!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Gary @ Sep 2 2004, 11:38 PM)
Boy. Hope you two aren't mortal enemies.. wink.gif wink.gif

Nah, Steve's ok!
I do better work than him though, and I'm a better driver. mueba.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Mr_Chu @ Sep 3 2004, 01:07 AM)
sweet video.. your 4 sounds mean!

The .wmv audio doesn't do it justice. It sounds way better live!
Tangerine Super Header with Stage I silencer, baby! aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.