Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Radiator shroud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
13b914
I'm almost finished with the fan shroud and the shroud to guide the air into the radiator. All that is left is to cut the hole for the fan.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
pcar916
Fun!
914.SBC
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Feb 6 2012, 04:52 PM) *

Fun!

What type of conversion you doing?
oldschool
By the look of his avatar name its a Rotary Click to view attachment
914.SBC
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 6 2012, 09:38 PM) *

By the look of his avatar name its a Rotary

I am such a rookie and have so much to learn. ...13b, duh. huh.gif
bulitt
Who makes that radiator and size? thanks
Rotary'14
Your radiator shrouding and cutout looks really good! I want to see the video of it running. (so I can get fired up) Keep up the pictures!

-Robert
13b914
Thanks for the kind words. The radiator is a AFCO 80133N from Summit. It's going to be a while before it runs. The car is stripped for paint. I finished up the fan today. Now I have to pull it back apart and polish it up from all the scratches.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
chuckc
great job! how are you going to route the hoses?
peace,
Chuck
Mike Bellis
At the front, under the hood latch, weld a vertical strap down to the bottom. The PO of mine when it was still V8, cut it like yours and used the latch. Over time, the air pressure on the front of the car will cause the steel to lift. Your hood will not sit correctly... Nice Shroud!
13b914
Thanks for the heads up on the hood. I will be using hood pins, thats what the 2 triangle pieces are in the corners. Do you think I will still have the hood issue? The hoses will get routed through the hole thats in the pic.Click to view attachment
andys
13b914,

I'm using the AFCO 80133N as well. In your photos, it looks as though the top and bottom hose connections are the same size. Mine are 1 1/4" top, and 1 3/4" bottom. Perhaps they only look the same in your photos?

+1 on the extra vertical strap.

How is your radiator secured to the ducting? I'd avoid hard mounting it.

Andys
13b914
Mine is the same as yours on the inlet and outlet. It's not hard mounted. It's floating between th cradle at the bottom and another mount up top.
andys
QUOTE(13b914 @ Feb 7 2012, 02:26 PM) *

Mine is the same as yours on the inlet and outlet. It's not hard mounted. It's floating between th cradle at the bottom and another mount up top.

I made a U channel on three sides lined with 1/4" foam, then pushed the radiator down into that. No metal contact anywhere.

Andys
13b914
That's pretty much the same way I have it.
oldschool
QUOTE(andys @ Feb 7 2012, 02:21 PM) *

13b914,

I'm using the AFCO 80133N as well. In your photos, it looks as though the top and bottom hose connections are the same size. Mine are 1 1/4" top, and 1 3/4" bottom. Perhaps they only look the same in your photos?

+1 on the extra vertical strap.

How is your radiator secured to the ducting? I'd avoid hard mounting it.

Andys

Andy...you running a rotary also. huh.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(13b914 @ Feb 7 2012, 01:47 PM) *

Thanks for the heads up on the hood. I will be using hood pins, thats what the 2 triangle pieces are in the corners. Do you think I will still have the hood issue? The hoses will get routed through the hole thats in the pic.Click to view attachment

Now this is a green way to go..... lol-2.gif
andys
QUOTE(oldschool @ Feb 7 2012, 05:15 PM) *

Andy...you running a rotary also. huh.gif

No rotary; LS1. I do know the rotary requires a good (large) cooling system, so going with a V8 sized radiator seems like a safe bet.

Andys
13b914
I finsihed covering the openings in the wheel wells. I covered them with wire mesh. It turned out OK.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.