Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floor pan question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flowerfish
There is a damage under Pedal Cluster when I'm deciding to replace the spring , because the brake return spring was rust and the clutch spring broke , I'm afraid if I take off the set out will make more hole , it better replace the floor . because my car was really rusty under . Just fix the passenger side by sheet metal , and now found out more damage .
now , I get a question , if I order the whole floor pan , which one better ? front and rear 2 piece , or left and right ?
I have check stoddard , pelicanparts , autoatlanta
anybody have done this , of course I just order the parts , someone will help me work on it .
Valy
Aloha!

The 2 options for the floor-pan have different coverage in the pedal cluster area.
I don't know what will be better for you but this will probably be your decision point.

BTW, I'll be on the Big Island in March smile.gif. Too bad I can't bring my car with me.
bandjoey
welcome.png Restoration Design. See the vendor section. Good Luck and pictures will help us hep you too.
mepstein
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 7 2012, 07:42 PM) *

welcome.png Restoration Design. See the vendor section. Good Luck and pictures will help us hep you too.

agree.gif I bought a lot of steel from resto design. Good people, good product.

Lots of good threads on floor pan replacement.
flowerfish
it because left and right is look like not include the central part , I think that way is more easy and less cutting , front and rear look like more solid .... that why I don't know which one better
burton73
QUOTE(flowerfish @ Feb 8 2012, 01:25 AM) *

it because left and right is look like not include the central part , I think that way is more easy and less cutting , front and rear look like more solid .... that why I don't know which one better

I think you may find that you may have rust in the pan and in the area under the pan where the Pedal Cluster bolts up to the pan. It sits low there and water wants to collect in there.

You get the front section of the pan and the Pedal Cluster reinforcement piece from Restoration Design or AA. Go where you get your best deal on freight to you. I put a front and back as I wanted to fix my clutch tube the right way. I had a problem there that the PO did not fix right. I went with front and back as I thought it gave me a cleaner pan look. You get ½ right/ left or ½ front /back. They cover the center.

Bob
welcome.png
jimkelly
see this and you'll have a better idea

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...2240&st=180

jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.