Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Race Car Project...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Brett W
I just got back from a weekend at Kershaw (carolina Motorsports Park), and spent some time with Hoosier tires on our car and was really pissed at the lack of performance. Even new Hoosiers could not keep up with the worn Goodyears on the back. The car kept wanting to push even after a spring and sway bar change. I am not impressed with Hoosiers at all. They don't last as long nor do the hold as well as the Goodyears.
Brad Roberts
Brant,

It will be a push. But as you know I have a army of good people I can call on to help get Bill's car done. The suspension/engine/trans/plumbing is easy. The piece I have NO control over is the body work and paint. The car is already wired nicely so that is 90% out of the equation. Right now I have 1 conversion car nearing completion and my AutoX car (which I have no money to build) Those are MY projects. Shop projects include 2-3 engines and 2-3 tranny builds. The plan is to attack it in sub assemblies. Get the engine tranny ready/bolted to gether as the body work and paint is being done. Get all the suspension/brakes/shock/springs ready to go back under the car as soon as it leaves the body shop.

B
Trekkor
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Sep 6 2004, 11:49 AM)
It will be a push.

So if I understand you correctly, it will be running at Alameda this weekend or Marina next weekend, at the latest. lol2.gif clap56.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.