Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Success ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
plas76targa
smilie_pokal.gif I think I've solved it. I posted earlier my frustration with the Alternator overcharging even with a NEW Voltage Regulator. Thanks to searching previous posts and your responses I checked the varous grounding points, added a ground strap at trans (there was one already but one more wouldn't hurt), moved the Battery ground to the fan shroud. I removed the alternator and had it tested - it's fine. Then based on a year old post, I thought to test the relay board. A local 914 club member has loaned me an extra board he had, and that solved it. The voltage at battery is 13.6 now. Cross your fingers.

I highly recommend reading the Alternator replacement and problem analysis segments on the bird board.

As another thread on this board states, "this place ROCKS! agree.gif

So I post this for anyone who may be roasting their battery, have 14 - 18 volt reading at the battery terminals, the gen light on dash responding normally, and be puzzled as to what to check next. Search the posts, clean all your grounding points, read the bird board and try a relay board if you can get your hands on one.

time for a beer! beer3.gif
SpecialK
Ahhh...Once again a successful fix brought to you the the nice folks on the 914 Club BBS smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif

Happy/safe Labor Day Weekend everyone!!
JoeSharpOld
Kool Matt: Thats good to hear (read). wink.gif But I wish You could have figured out to send me the extra volts, I still could use them. biggrin.gif
Joe
ppickerell
Glad to hear that worked.
plas76targa
clap56.gif Thanks go to you Pat for loaning me the board. I'm working on getting a replacement of my own shortly.

Joe, If I could have sent the unused volts, I would have!! wink.gif
JoeSharpOld
Matt: I have an extra board, are you coming to Ventura?
Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.