Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust valve photos in car...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RustyWa
Pulled the exhaust off the heads tonight.....and here are some photos of what I found. I'm not sure what I'm looking at....is this normal for a car with 95k miles on it? I have no clue if this engine has ever been apart. To me I thought white means lean?

If you look closely, you can see the 50mm bolts I used for plugging the air injection ports.

Cyl. 1
RustyWa
Cyl. 2
RustyWa
Cyl. 3
Lots of build up or something around the stem as it enters the chamber...
RustyWa
Cyl. 4

Again...lots of build up.. I mean lots!
Brad Roberts
Damn.. that is a nice camera.

What do the exhaust pipes look like ?? This will give us/me a better understanding of how the car is running.

You looking for a tan/greyish burn.

B
Dave Cawdrey
Nice pics. Dont forget to compliment the ar-teest clap56.gif

Bravo !!
RustyWa
Thanks! biggrin.gif

Here's a photo heading into the manifold pipe.
RustyWa
And another where the '75 HE attaches to the muffler.
Brad Roberts
The head pipe is what we where looking for. The muffler end on a 75-76 wont be a good example because it mixes the cylinders together.

See how it has a decent tan/grey color to it ?? This looks like a good running engine (at least on that cylinder) show me all four if you have time.

B
RustyWa
Took me a little while, went out and took the other pics.

OK, last photo was cyl. 1

This is Cyl. 2
RustyWa
Cyl. 3
RustyWa
Cyl. 4
Bleyseng
Looks like a good clean burning engine to me, nice tan color. In the heads the exhaust ports look normal, that black stuff is typical after 100k.
Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.