Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much does a set of Mahle 8:1 2.0L pistons cost?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
74porsche914
Trying to put an estimate together for my upcoming engine build.
SLITS
$1,395 from Pelican ... your price may vary

Chinese AA ... $400.00?
type47
96mm set from ... AA $386

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-96mm-Al...W9600T4B71.html

Also check out Jakes offerings....
Cevan
European Motor Works has Keith Black 96mm pistons for $45 each.
patrick3000
I paid $600.00 for the Euro Mahle set that went into the 912E that was a few years ago. Shop around and pay attention to where they are manufactured as Mahle has outsourced some of their manufacturing as of late. What else are you using in your build?

Best of luck.

Regards,
74porsche914
I definitely cannot afford to pay retail but would like to get genuine mahle's. I planning to use LJet fuel injection, Euro Mahle pistons, and a Raby cam and valves. Anyone have Euro Mahle pistons for sale?
SUNAB914
Euro Mahle pistons/cylinders $800.00+
I will be watching your build thread and parts list, thinking of doing samething later down the line.
74porsche914
Alright, glad your interested in the build. I'd love to start it soon but am at school and my 914 is back home. I may start some of the build in march when I go home for spring break, but the majority of it will most likely happen at the beginning of this summer.
904svo
Buy a set of 2056 piston and cylinders from Jake. In the long run you will
be suprise how much better your engine will run.
Valy
QUOTE(74porsche914 @ Feb 15 2012, 09:23 AM) *

I definitely cannot afford to pay retail but would like to get genuine mahle's. I planning to use LJet fuel injection, Euro Mahle pistons, and a Raby cam and valves. Anyone have Euro Mahle pistons for sale?

How about cylinders and heads?
Cheapest way is probably the way I went. See my rebuild progress (or lack of).
I use AA 96mm pistons/cylinders. If you choose to reuse your cylinders and rebore them, there are many pistons options. Check summitracing for their offering around 96mm. You can narrow the search based on pin size and compression height. You'll need 1.45" and less for your motor without changing the rods.

For cam I used Webcam #73 + 2.5deg on exhaust. This is the same one that Jake said he sells in his kit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.