Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauging compliance sticker interest
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Socalandy
Just trying to get some numbers for my source that will do the cutting. I can only speculate price until I hear form Rory on the higher quality tamper style decals as I'm sure it will run a bit more than whats currently availible. ballpark $60- $70

Here's the original post that started this...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=154179

Thanks
914itis
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 16 2012, 12:05 AM) *

Just trying to get some numbers for my source that will do the cutting. I can only speculate price until I hear form Rory on the higher quality tamper style decals as I'm sure it will run a bit more than whats currently availible. ballpark $60- $70

Thanks

What is acompliance sticker?
Socalandy
it's the sticker in the drivers door jam. differences from -4 and -6

original and latest test pics of digits
rick 918-S
I'm in.
ruby914
in for 2
Phoenix-MN
1 for me
Gint
In.

You might want to put the link to the other thread in your first post.
Cairo94507
In for 2 smile.gif
charliew
I'm in for two for my 75-914 and two for a super beetle if you ever do them.
championgt1
I need one!
brp986s
In!
FourBlades

In for at least 1 for a -4.

Are -4s being made or just -6s?

Thanks,

John
mojorisen914
I'd be in for one for a -4
Drums66
....Did'nt vote yet!....is this legal?(federal standards) idea.gif
bye1.gif
gothspeed
I'm in for at least one!!!! -4 ... smile.gif
jim912928
in for 1 for my 75'
JeffBowlsby
Er...Ah....which one? There are 6 different versions fo the /4 and probably 2-3 for the /6?

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PLM.htm

Tom_T
I'm still in for 1 black one for my 73 2L Andy!

Silver trial one looked great! smilie_pokal.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 16 2012, 04:08 PM) *

Er...Ah....which one? There are 6 different versions fo the /4 and probably 2-3 for the /6?

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/PLM.htm

agree.gif

They need to match ... If you can do them correctly, i'd be in for two ...

- Early 1970 /6
- Late 1970 /4

popcorn[1].gif
Mike Bellis
I'm in for 2 like this. (Jeff B's Pic)

IPB Image
Socalandy
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Feb 16 2012, 12:49 PM) *

In for at least 1 for a -4.

Are -4s being made or just -6s?

Thanks,

John

there are -4 and -6 stickers currently availible but the -4 is only in black I think. Rory is still working the tamper proof die cut sticker repro. and is aware of the variations.
Bullethead
I'm in for two -6 versions.

Thanks for doing this.
9146FAN
Beautiful work. I'm definitely in for two for my 6. Thanks!
eric9144
In! beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Andy , 911 guys need them also.
i have a couple of these
http://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...-sale..-finally
burton73
One for my 6. I have 2 crapy blanks from AA for your test if you need them.

Bob
rudedude
911S registry has nice repros for the 911 but the hard part is punching those tiny little holes and then the tamper proof circles.
Do you have a way to do this?
If so I would need a couple for 914/4 and 914/6, and if you didn't make the 911 sticker would you punch one of those for a price?
Thanks,
Jule
cconcepcion
I'm in a -4 version.
Bernie B
in for 2
ClayPerrine
In for two black ones. One for my 73, and one for Betty's 74.

Ed_F
I'm in for one for my 72 4. What color came original in 72?
duktail
I am in for one for my six
sbsix
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Feb 15 2012, 09:05 PM) *

Here's the original post that started this...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=154179

Thanks

Andy, I'm still in for 2 for my six. Gary
GeorgeRud
Any updates? Also, what is the site for the 911 ones? I have a friend that needs one for his tail dragger!
Comanchepilot
I'm in for 1 for my /4.
stuttgart46
I said 2 because I figured I would screw the first one up applying it.
Socalandy
UPDATE!!

Rory found Bob Moglia in the Early 911 group that reproduced the 911 sticker that is the same as the 914-6 . I just received some today and the quality is very good. Some pictures below of his lable and yes the corners will need to be rounded off. Notice that the silver background has the silver flake appearance shades.gif

Rory is working with the die cutter and I will cut a few on these labels. Bob is willing to reproduce the other -4 stickers but he wants numbers to see if we have enough demand. He charges $10 , so if you have not answered the poll I setup please do ASAP .

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...hl=sticker+poll

some clear closup pics of -4 stickers would be great so I can send to him when the time comes. My -4 has one but its not picture worthy.

Thanks
71 sixer
I am in for one for my 914-6
Cairo94507
That is freaking awesome piratenanner.gif I can't wait to place the order for 2 for my six when you are ready to accept orders. beerchug.gif
laflaur
I will take two for my six
Thank you for doing this!
PancakePorsche
One for my 76.
toolguy
One for a 70 six, please
Socalandy
So were getting very close, need to tighten up the numbers a bit. The seven on the build date was not a mistake but my friend matched the picture perfectly with the factory flaw. The power was a bit high for the vinyl so some tweaking there too.

second pic is decal applied to painted pannel. Die cutting is the last hurdle and then we can get this going and start taking orders. It's tidious work setting these up blink.gif but it will be worth it!!!
Cairo94507
Wow! That is looking terrific already. This is a wonderful service to our community. Thank you for tackling this project.
rick 918-S
Hey Andy, If you have a compliance sticker that has not been pulled yet but you would like to replace it, if you provide a photo can your guy match it like he did yours? My thought is there may be some differences in the numbers from year to year.

I may be incorrect but it is my understanding these are US only stickers possibly dealer installed. So were they punched and installed at the dealership or did they come over with the car?

If they were punched at the dealership there may be a difference in the numbers or location. confused24.gif
Socalandy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 15 2012, 06:36 AM) *

Hey Andy, If you have a compliance sticker that has not been pulled yet but you would like to replace it, if you provide a photo can your guy match it like he did yours? My thought is there may be some differences in the numbers from year to year.

I may be incorrect but it is my understanding these are US only stickers possibly dealer installed. So were they punched and installed at the dealership or did they come over with the car?

If they were punched at the dealership there may be a difference in the numbers or location. confused24.gif

yes, we can create another project in the program for a possible difference in font, it just takes time to setup at test.
robmog
I've seen both types of # 7 on the 911, although the one shown i've only seen on post my 74.
gothspeed
They look awesome smile.gif !!! I may need 2 just because they look so cool!!!

Since my sticker is MIA, how does one determine the month/year of manufacture? .... (my model is 1973)
beech4rd
Please put me down for two.

Chris
Socalandy
So we got the font size correct and looks dead on. the lower sticker is the final font tweak and you can see the improvment I hope??

Comments welcome!! I will be starting and order thread soon . Die cutting is a delicate process and after some tests with my jig getting a clean peel to apply a complete sticker afterwords was tough. For now it will be stickers without the die cutting due to the difficulty. I will check with Rory on how he is doing on this piece
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.