Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tranny Refurbish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
My wife just told me that she and the 2 girls are going away for the weekend to a girl guide camp in three weeks. happy11.gif
This gives me an entire weekend to work on my car with no distractions! mueba.gif mueba.gif
I want to change my 1st and 2nd syncos rings. While I am at it I will change my two output shaft seals.
Can anyone suggest what else I will need to get the whole thing apart and back together again in one weekend?
Is there anything I should look for while it is apart?
Are there any "known" trouble parts that I should order ahead of time because "they always go in 914's"?
Tx
Doug
Bleyseng
The dogteeth and maybe sliders for those gears, plus a gasket set. Replace the output shaft seal too.

Geoff ohmy.gif
fiid
1st gear dog teeth
2nd gear dog teeth
dog teeth removal tool
new syncro rings
shifting alignment jig
transmission gasket set.

You will need a set of circlip pliers as well.

I am in the process of doing this as well. I changed dogteeth on first and second, and syncros on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I'm also planning on replacing the output seals, and cleaning the damned thing up a bit.

As for advice, just be patient. Take a glance over the haynes manual, and also the pelican article on changing your first gear syncro.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.