Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does this car belong to anyone here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
budk
I ran across this site with a 914 strapped into a rotisserie.

914 on Rotisserie - watch parts fly while it spins!

Does ths car belong to anyone here?

nathansnathan
nice rotisserie there. he doesn't show it going up and down though. Crazy when he spins it how balanced it is. I wonder how they've got it attached at the rear though?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Feb 23 2012, 06:29 PM) *

nice rotisserie there. he doesn't show it going up and down though. Crazy when he spins it how balanced it is. I wonder how they've got it attached at the rear though?

914s are stupid easy to balance on a rotisserie, and they even did it the hard way - up from the floor instead of through the existing bumper mounts. Thats probably why they used a 914 and not a body on frame American car.

On my home made one, it was 1 handed operation and would hold place wherever I left it. I had the ability to set index points, but I almost never bothered given how well balanced it was.

Zach
abnrdo
Nice, but stupid expensive. I can build one for less than $350.
dlee6204
This was the same one that was in Eastwood... I remember there being a thread on it.

http://www.eastwood.com/ez-spin-rotisserie-with-jacks.html
Series9
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Feb 23 2012, 07:58 PM) *

Nice, but stupid expensive. I can build one for less than $350.

I'm calling you out on that. What you said is not true. If you build that for $350, I'll pay for it.

Mine took me two days and $550 of steel, and it doesn't have jacks on the ends.

bs.gif
Socalandy
I agree with Joe!!!!! I'm building one now and spent $150 on the two engine stands. Still need 2 bottle jacks and steel tubing. I will post pics and a tally on what was spent to complete it
Series9
Here you go. This is mine and it's still not painted.

$550 in materials. $750 in labor. I can't wait to see your $350 version...
bandi
The one I used to use (which only fit 914s) was built in an hour and a half, out of scrap and some mig wire. And it worked GREAT. (Used the bumper mount holes)
John
Twirl it if you wish, but remember that bracing the body is FAR easier than correcting for body flex after the fact. Brace the door gaps. It does the body good.

partwerks
The guy in the video is Russ Merrick from Alda, NE.

I might have to drive over there and take a look at it.
VaccaRabite
I built mine for ~350 as well, but that was at 2006 prices and did not have jacks. Materials only, also. The HF engine stands I cut up for were cheaper then buying the same parts in steel, and saved assembly time as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.