Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back to square one
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeSharpOld
This started about 6 months ago as what I thought was as intermiten open in a loom. Its /L. car and I've replaced the Loom (Thank you Mr. Blowsby) all lines and hoses, intake manifold gaskets and boots, adjusted the valves, new injectors. What it is doing is fouling plugs at 3/2.
headbang.gif Whats up wit dat unsure.gif
Joe
Aaron Cox
bummer joe! i hope it all sorts out unsure.gif
JoeSharpOld
I know that it will. What I'm thinking now is the CHT, haven't replaced that yet.
Thanks Aron, I'll see you at lunch.
Joe
Joe Ricard
Trigger points.. Must set gap. Oops never mind that would be 1-2 or 3-4. How about making sure the plug wires are connected nice and tight on both ends. Test with OHM meter. If you can't get low resistance pull off end cut 1/4" off and re terminate. Each end just screws into to conductor. If the connection is poor the electrical charge will jump across and "sort of fire". Real weak like.

Then you could be driving the injectors wide open and dumping tons of gas into those cylinders. Tough to test without a mess.
redshift
Try to keep your wires the same length though, the tolerances of our injection units are so tight, that the length of wire being even .010 off can wreak havoc.

It can't really, I'm just trying to make you smile, as you walk to the chainsaw, and exact revenge on old space-age technology.

welder.gif (we have ignition)

M
JoeSharpOld
Joe: After the GAF I'll check the pulg wires, but I have the wiers taped to the cap, cause I have an open engine bay, (GT lid) so that means I check the cap also (prolly a good idea anyway). Not likely to happen to 2/3 at the same time.
Miles: What can I say? Thanks for being YOU. biggrin.gif
Joe
SLITS
rotor, cap, high tension cables, points first

dead plug(s) second

cht third

hari-cari fourth sawzall-smiley.gif
Aaron Cox
sometimes your just like...
IPB Image
JoeSharpOld
SLITS: I'm at your third. Fourth is not an option.
Aron: YEP. confused24.gif
My resolve is tenacoius, I will adapt and conquer. smash.gif Besides this is better than watching TV biggrin.gif
Joe
phantom914
Umm... how would the CHT cause anything different to happen to cylinders 2 and 3? huh.gif Shouldn't the ECU lean or richen the same for all cylinders based on the CHT?

Andrew
nebreitling
QUOTE(phantom914 @ Sep 10 2004, 09:05 PM)
Umm... how would the CHT cause anything different to happen to cylinders 2 and 3? huh.gif Shouldn't the ECU lean or richen the same for all cylinders based on the CHT?

that's what i would think.

i'd replace the FI trigger points, rotor, cap, plug wires, and double check all wiring.
JoeSharpOld
BTDT: Leaving for GAF now.
Thanks to every one.
Joe
airsix
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 10 2004, 05:05 PM)
What it is doing is fouling plugs at 3/2.
headbang.gif Whats up wit dat unsure.gif
Joe

Have you checked the injectors on the fouling cyls? Leaky injector = rich = fouled plugs?

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.