Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum leak found!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
Ive been looking for this one... feeling like there was still a vacuum leak somewhere.

Found it at the throttle body gasket...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'm gonna try to reinstall this one, dont know if it will work..it doesn't look terrible but apparently it leaks...

Pelican shows it as NLA. Does anyone know a source?

Thanks,

Joe
JawjaPorsche
914Rubber sells one. I don't know if this is the one you need:

http://shop.914rubber.com/product.sc?produ...p;categoryId=11

Terry

QUOTE(Porschef @ Feb 26 2012, 02:34 PM) *

Ive been looking for this one... feeling like there was still a vacuum leak somewhere.

Found it at the throttle body gasket...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I'm gonna try to reinstall this one, dont know if it will work..it doesn't look terrible but apparently it leaks...

Pelican shows it as NLA. Does anyone know a source?

Thanks,

Joe

Porschef
QUOTE(Jon Fernandes @ Feb 26 2012, 03:43 PM) *

Hey Jon, just sent you a pm. That looks like it, BTW.
Porschef
Update,

I cleaned up and reinstalled the gasket. Idle jumped up 300+ rpm. Also smoothed out. piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif I'll call this good for now, but will get a new one.

Also noticed when spraying some cleaner right on the idle adjustment screw, it bumps up slightly.

Gonna try a wrap of Teflon there...

Joe
tod914
The screw is designed to force an airleak. Don't think you want to tape that.
Porschef
I'm saying that it seemed that the screw itself was allowing air through... But I agree, with the very fine threads it would seem that that wouldn't allow air through. However, I wrapped a very thin strip just at the top of the screw, and, no idle speed change with the carb cleaner spray.

So overall it was a success. Engine is now smoother than ever at idle. Tomorrow, after she cools completely, I'll start her and see how it is.

Gotta love eliminating a bug, no matter how small.... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.