914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sfrenck
Well, when it's together and running (as a 1-seater) it looks great:

Click to view attachment

The one on the left smile.gif

When it's up on the ramps with the interior out, it looks like this:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

To top it off, the driver side looks similar (except the seat belt anchor is barely in). What you're looking at is a piece of angle iron trying to imitate the bottom of the long towards the front of the car - and the east coast 914 in it's native east coast condition towards the rear of the car. The driver side (not pictured) actually has had the entire bottom of the long replaced with a c-channel with the legs pointing up like a "U".

So, anyone out on the West Coast got a budget roller for sale like what Sixnotfour had for kwlane in Follow up on no rust ??? $500 roller + transport will save me greatly over trying to fix this stromberg.gif headbang.gif

I'm heading out west on business in a couple weeks, so I could see any candidates / make the transaction (minus waiting for the car transporter) in person.

Posted a WTB in the roller section - SirAndy was OK with this cross post.

Thanks,
Scott
Jeffs9146
So, anyone out on the West Coast got a budget roller for sale like what Sixnotfour had for kwlane in Follow up on no rust ??? $500 roller + transport will save me greatly over trying to fix this

Sorry, sold it on Saturday to Arkitect for $500!

I will keep you in mind if I find another one!
mepstein
Buy a Miata.
kwlane
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Feb 28 2012, 04:09 PM) *

Well, when it's together and running (as a 1-seater) it looks great:

The one on the left smile.gif

When it's up on the ramps with the interior out, it looks like this:

To top it off, the driver side looks similar (except the seat belt anchor is barely in). What you're looking at is a piece of angle iron trying to imitate the bottom of the long towards the front of the car - and the east coast 914 in it's native east coast condition towards the rear of the car. The driver side (not pictured) actually has had the entire bottom of the long replaced with a c-channel with the legs pointing up like a "U".

So, anyone out on the West Coast got a budget roller for sale like what Sixnotfour had for kwlane in Follow up on no rust ??? $500 roller + transport will save me greatly over trying to fix this stromberg.gif headbang.gif

I'm heading out west on business in a couple weeks, so I could see any candidates / make the transaction (minus waiting for the car transporter) in person.

Posted a WTB in the roller section - SirAndy was OK with this cross post.

Thanks,
Scott

I feel your pain brother. That car is more primo than mine was / is. Here in the west side of the Pacific NW we get a lot of rain, and in my case the little time I have the car that area got soaked from the window leaking. So it looked a lot like that when I pulled out the seat.

Not sure where your travels take you but on the east side of Cascades it is pretty dry and sometimes saw some nice Craigslist cars in those areas when looking that may be in same condition as Calif cars.
sfrenck
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 28 2012, 08:25 PM) *

Buy a Miata.

Need you to buy a red one first and flip it....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.