Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D&G All 914 Swap Meet & BBQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
bondo
If it's really only a couple blocks, I'm sure we will have a big enough turnout that we could carry it over smile.gif Wouldn't that make a great photo? We could at least pick it up, toss some furniture dollies underneath and push it. Do you need a 1 day moving permit from the DMV to do that? smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(bondo @ Sep 23 2004, 12:01 PM)
If it's really only a couple blocks, I'm sure we will have a big enough turnout that we could carry it over smile.gif Wouldn't that make a great photo? We could at least pick it up, toss some furniture dollies underneath and push it. Do you need a 1 day moving permit from the DMV to do that? smile.gif

If yer gonna carry it, we all gots to wear loin cloths and chant while BR rides in it. Sumthin akin to achtung achtung wier kommen achtung. Maybe BR can throw minature bratwurst at the cheering crowd.
JoeSharpOld
Ron: If you need a trailer I'll be glad to help you out.
Joe
bondo
Joe: were you still interested in that engine? (I sent you a PM a while back)
JoeSharpOld
Bondo:It is for /L. car and we're looking for a 2L 914 engine complete, not a bus. Sorry.
Joe
bondo
No problem, somebody will want it.
bernbomb914
well my sorry ass is not going to make this meet this time as I will be be in Xtapa Mx that week. I would rather be here but I have to keep the Boss happy so I can spend way to much money on the Yellow Beast.

Bernie sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
Aaron Cox
so your gonnA make the FUN RUN?
SLITS
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 23 2004, 06:21 PM)
Ron: If you need a trailer I'll be glad to help you out.
Joe

Thanks Joe,

Will consider doing just that. Actually would like to move the location for more room,, but the owner (my brother) keeps bringing up business license, health dept (for cooking sausage), etc. We'll see.

And

Did you forget your intercourse ohmy.gif lately? If so I have it.
phantom914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 24 2004, 08:34 AM)

...........but the owner (my brother) keeps bringing up business license, health dept (for cooking sausage), etc. We'll see.

And

Did you forget your intercourse ohmy.gif lately? If so I have it.

I don't think you have to worry about that. It's a 'club' event, not a public event. Ask Glenn about the requirements.

Andrew
bondo
Why not make it both places? Glenn's place for bbq and swap, and a couple blocks away for the sawzall party. That's walkable... heck, we could even have a short parade smile.gif Time to get started building floats!
a914luvr
not really walkable. It's more like 2 miles than 2 blocks. Maybe we could get a sawzall candidate over to the shop for cuttin' up
JoeSharpOld
Ron: Yes, I need that Intercourse, as it is the only portection I use for my BIG head. It came from Quakers you know. biggrin.gif Let me know what you deside about the move of the car, I'll prolly bring a car on the trailer and we can off load it and go get another if you need to.
Joe
a914luvr
I've got a new cordless Craftsman sawzall I'd like to try out some more!
a914luvr
icon_bump.gif
Carlitos Way
How late does this usually go? I think I just committed to a paintball outing, but I'd love to attend with my newly acquired 914.

Carlos
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(cmolina @ Oct 8 2004, 01:26 AM)
How late does this usually go? I think I just committed to a paintball outing, but I'd love to attend with my newly acquired 914.

Carlos

come to the AX on saturday biggrin.gif
Toast
It's usually over by 12:00 p.m.
Most people show up early when it starts,
unless you are a slacker like me. biggrin.gif
ematulac
icon_bump.gif

Anyone comin' from the SFV that wants to caravan? I will probably need someone to keep me from speedin'. MDB2.gif
waterboy
Are you going to be cutting up any cars? sawzall-smiley.gif
Dr Evil
I still see people around 2-3pm, but after that its kinda pointlless for us out of towners. I'll be there with a bunch of James' parts. HELP ME RECLAIM MY SHACK!
VegasRacer
chatsmiley.gif
QUOTE(a914luvr @ Sep 13 2004, 10:43 PM)
Email me if you need directions or have any questions.

I tried sending you an e-mail but it bounced. headbang.gif

I need directions please. confused24.gif
I'll be comming down I-15 from Vegas. driving.gif

What time does the fun start? biggrin.gif beerchug.gif :finger2: mueba.gif aktion035.gif chowtime.gif slap.gif chatsmiley.gif smilie_wirdgut.gif
SLITS
I-15 all the way to CA and down the hill till you hit the 15/215 split - take the 215 all the rest of the way down the hill - go thru the murder capital of the US (San Bernardino) cross the 10 Freeway and go another 5-7? miles till you see the Columbia Street Exit on the 215 ( it is one mile before the 215 crosses under the 60 and becomes the 91 Frwy). Get off on Columbia - stratight thru the Stop and turn left where it dead ends and go to the signal light (that is Columbia). Turn Left at the light - go back over the freeway - count two signals and look immediately to your left for Precision Motion/Kravig Engineering. Festivities should start around 7am.

SWAZALL thingy may be at my place a mile away or I may trailer a couple of bodies over

Actual address is 1177A Ardmore St, Riverside, CA 92507 (Corner of Columbia and Ardmore) for you mapquest or ? users.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Allan
I will be coming down from Bakersfield. If anyone can be close to the freeway at 9:00. (Check MapQuest) I will pick you up and drop you off. Let me know where you will be and I will be there!!
VegasRacer
Thanks Slits.
I'm glad I don't have to go thru Corona to get there.
SLITS
QUOTE(Headrage @ Oct 18 2004, 06:31 PM)
I will be coming down from Bakersfield. If anyone can be close to the freeway at 9:00. (Check MapQuest) I will pick you up and drop you off. Let me know where you will be and I will be there!!

Standing on a corner in Bakersfield California,
What a fine sight to see,
It a 914 my lord, slowing down to take look at me,

Snow fall song fest is on!!!!
skline
Just wanted to Bump this thread back up. So everyone knows it is still on. Weather report says that the inland empire will be clear with only a slight chance of sprinkles. icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
Dr Evil
Why is this not a sticky? We are being discriminated against! Revolt!
bernbomb914
Sorry I am going to miss this one. Going to Ixtapa MX for 5 days with a bunch of friends to celerbrate ther 50th birthdays. Have Fun, I will beerchug.gif beer.gif drunk.gif givemebeer.gif

Bernie
bondo
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Oct 20 2004, 11:00 AM)
Why is this not a sticky? We are being discriminated against! Revolt!

We'll just have to post to this thread every couple minutes to keep it at the top smile.gif
JoeSharpOld
I too need to be nailed. monkeydance.gif rocking nana.gif mueba.gif boldblue.gif aktion035.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
Joe
Aaron Cox
ill be der!

whats the statuts of the sawzall cars? are they gonna be here or there? wacko.gif

joe, you crack me up
SLITS
"If you don't know it by now,
You will never never know it anyhow,
Just down the street a couple of blocks,
Are girls that will nail you Joe for some bucks.

914 fans they are not,
But they'll put your manhood in a knot,
For the doctor you soon have to visit,
Cause you itch so bad you can't sitith.

So ditch that thought,
And you won't get caught,
Stay with us and play,
As we sawzall the day away.
Aaron Cox
anybody besides smartass care to respond laugh.gif
JoeSharpOld
No.
Joe
JoeSharpOld
The status of all the sawzall cars is curently WET.
Joe
Aaron Cox
hehe...good point joe

hmm/...check the weather forecast for the ax
Aaron Cox
weather...lookin good
skline
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Oct 20 2004, 11:16 AM)
Sorry I am going to miss this one. Going to Ixtapa MX for 5 days with a bunch of friends to celerbrate ther 50th birthdays. Have Fun, I will beerchug.gif beer.gif drunk.gif givemebeer.gif

Bernie

Dont drink the water, trust me on that one. <_<
Mrs. K
Hey Scott,
Who's the hot new chick on your avatar????
Looks a bit young for you, don't ya think? ohmy.gif wacko.gif blink.gif

Hehehehe!
Lisa lol2.gif
Howard
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Oct 20 2004, 07:47 PM)
Hey Scott,
Looks a bit young for you, don't ya think? ohmy.gif wacko.gif blink.gif

Hehehehe!
Lisa lol2.gif

Lisa, that's Scott before the operation ohmy.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Howard @ Oct 20 2004, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE(Mrs. K @ Oct 20 2004, 07:47 PM)
Hey Scott,
Looks a bit young for you, don't ya think?  :o  :wacko:  :blink:

Hehehehe!
Lisa  :lol2:

Lisa, that's Scott before the operation ohmy.gif

ahh... see the resemblence w00t.gif

:sexchange:
skline
You guys are all very funny, yes, she is way too young for me but very cute none the less. It is none other than mrs.K.gif's daughter. Lisa, you knew who it was when you saw it. You just wanted everyone to razz me about it.

Oh and Aaron, you aint to big to turn over my knee young man.
skline
Looks like I wont be driving the Chalon to D&G this weekend. Too much little crap to do to it. Got the brakes all in and half of the lines leak. I need to redo them and it still needs to be aligned and registered. Not enough time before the weekend. I will just leave it in the garage and take my time and make sure it is all right before I take it out. No sense in rushing it.
bondo
Aww, too bad.. Probably a smart move though, brakes are kinda important smile.gif
skline
Yeah, I really want to drive it. A fast car is only as good as its brakes. Joe is coming and driving his out I think. I will bring the truck in case he or I buy anything and need it carried back. I am off to bed now. Been one heck of a long day with no nap. I am feeling a little cranky and tired. Its the old guy syndrome. Howard knows what I mean.
Mrs. K
[QUOTE][QUOTE=skline,Oct 20 2004, 11:15 PM]You guys are all very funny, yes, she is way too young for me but very cute none the less. It is none other than mrs.K.gif's daughter. Lisa, you knew who it was when you saw it. You just wanted everyone to razz me about it.

agree.gif BUSTED!!!!! lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

Lisa lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
Joe Bob
Gonna try and make it....prolly gonna be done with the Dodge towing Frank.

I may have to go to Palm Springs and help out Mom and Grandma.....Grandma got smacked by a car and I gots to do the duty....moving her and her crap....er stuff....
Zeke
Just bumping this up for someone to see.

Brian Minson of 9 Magazine is in CA for two weeks and may show up at the swap.

Youall's cars might just get thier pics in a mag. smilie_pokal.gif

And, if anyone can put more than 3 words together w/o parts of a cheeseburger falling out, they might get thier name in the mag. wink.gif

Hell, I might run out there myself and being 914less, look just plain stupid. Maybe someone has got some ratty 15 x 6J Fuchs I can snake.

(I'm gonna cut them in half and make 8's out of 7's going wider to the inside. This would probably work for a teener too. So, if you got some bent on the outside lip, bring 'em)
JoeSharpOld
Good to hear from you Zeke. I'll be in the motorhome, can't get much farther from a 914 than that (front engine tail drager). biggrin.gif Hope to see you.
Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.