Oct. 24th at my shop in Riverside. I believe this will
be swap #12! We've been doing this for 6 years now. If
you haven't been to one in a while, I'm not holding
the event at my PIP Printing store in San Bernardino
anymore. I sold that business and am now holding the
event at Precision Motion, 1177A Ardmore St. It's the
Columbia Ave. exit off the 215/91 fwy. Email me if you
need directions or have any questions. Everything is
free, however I ask for a $5 donation for the food.
Coffee & donuts in the AM, cheeseburgers and sausage
around 11. The 24th is the day we set the clocks back,
so we'll all have an extra hour to sleep in. Looking
forward to seeing everyone again.
beerchug.gif
Red-Beard
Damn. First real So-cal event I'm going to miss! <_<
SLITS
Damn James, you'll just have to cook up one dem der armadillar burgers (tastes like chicken, ya know) and have some rattlesnake as a substitute. barf.gif icon8.gif Shit Howdy Pardner
Brando
Holy shit it's Glen!

I was kind of worried i had missed the 914 swapmeet this year, looks like I'll make it right in time. Oh, i hear you picked up Tim Gould's little blue 914. Is the legend as good as I hear? Do the pictures do it justice? I hope to see it. and i'll definitely pitch in for another nine-four-teener shirt beer.gif beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
ill be der! beerchug.gif
bondo
I'll be there (with most of the parts I didn't sell at the GAF, plus a few more). I'll be getting another shirt too smile.gif
a914luvr
We kicked around the idea of buying Goulds car, dropping the drivetrain for a car I'm rebuilding, then stuffing a six in his. He want's so much for his car though that it didn't make financial since (ya, I know, since when does that matter?!) Anyway, it really is a nice car. I don't care for a few of the mods he's done to it, but it's great 914. I'm sure he'll bring it to the swap....Glenn
Brando
Heh, i like the idea of throwing a six in his car... You could always offer to take it as a roller! laugh.gif i dont think he'd like that much though... He sounded pretty sold on making you the next owner... Maybe i heard incorrectly *cleans the moly lube from ears* Ah well.

What's the expected turnout for the 914 swapmeet this year? Is someone from Pelican going to be there as well?
Brando
icon_bump.gif

this still going to happen?
bondo
QUOTE(Brando @ Sep 15 2004, 05:52 PM)
icon_bump.gif

this still going to happen?

Heh, I don't think you could stop it if you tried smile.gif
bernbomb914
I will be there if I am in town. cant miss a swap meet

Bernie
Aaron Cox
rain or shine....glenn makes some mean burgers! chowtime.gif
Red-Beard
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 15 2004, 04:58 PM)
rain or shine....glenn makes some mean burgers! chowtime.gif

Yeah, if SLITS makes them, they bite back...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Sep 15 2004, 07:02 PM)
rain or shine....glenn makes some mean burgers!  :chow:

slits prefers the sausage from what i hear biggrin.gif
Red-Beard
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 15 2004, 06:03 PM)
rain or shine....glenn makes some mean burgers!  chowtime.gif

Hmmm, I think he like the buns best, especially if they've been Toasted...
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Red-Beard @ Sep 15 2004, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 15 2004, 06:03 PM)
rain or shine....glenn makes some mean burgers!  chowtime.gif

Hmmm, I think he like the buns best, especially of they have been Toasted...

laugh.gif
VegasRacer
It was a great event last year.
I'll be there again if I can.
Elliot_Cannon
I got no luck. Looks like I'll miss it this time as well. I leave for Anchorage that day.
How about changing it to the 17th? No, wait. I think I gotta visit my sister in the bay area that weekend. Krap!!
Elliot
Lou W
I'll be there. smile.gif
Joe Bob
Frank and I will be there.....
SLITS
QUOTE(mikez @ Sep 16 2004, 08:13 AM)
Frank and I will be there.....

Damn, no pink bunny ears Sweetie wub.gif
Duffster
icon_bump.gif
Allan
Hey I think I can probably make this shindig. I'll be interested to see what my "parts needed" list will look like in the next few weeks. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
i go to the swap becuz....wait? why do i go to the swap? im probably hungry. thats why huh.gif chowtime.gif
a914luvr
I like when SLITS is there because he'll eat the sausages that fall on the ground and the burgers that fall into the coals! Pass the word; the more people that attend, the better the vendors do sales wise (me included!). It takes buyers and sellers to make a sucessful swap meet. I appreciate the support you folks have given to this event over the years. The donations have always managed to cover the costs of the food & drinks as well. I expect about 70 - 80 people and hopefully about 10 or so vendors. Don't know if Pelican will have a rep there or not, but John usually brings a few things to sell. Dave was here last time. I know its a long drive for him and many others too. Looking forward to it....Glenn
SLITS
QUOTE(a914luvr @ Sep 17 2004, 09:48 AM)
I like when SLITS is there because he'll eat the sausages that fall on the ground and the burgers that fall into the coals! Pass the word; the more people that attend, the better the vendors do sales wise (me included!). It takes buyers and sellers to make a sucessful swap meet. I appreciate the support you folks have given to this event over the years. The donations have always managed to cover the costs of the food & drinks as well. I expect about 70 - 80 people and hopefully about 10 or so vendors. Don't know if Pelican will have a rep there or not, but John usually brings a few things to sell. Dave was here last time. I know its a long drive for him and many others too. Looking forward to it....Glenn

My reputation has been impuned. I wipe the sausage/burgers off on my greasy shirt before I injest them. Hell, gear and motor oil are the mayo of the mechanic.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 17 2004, 09:52 AM)

My reputation has been impuned. I wipe the sausage/burgers off on my greasy shirt before I injest them. Hell, gear and motor oil are the mayo of the mechanic.

mmmm mm goood. marinaded in 30 wt chowtime.gif biggrin.gif
phantom914
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 17 2004, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 17 2004, 09:52 AM)

mmmm mm goood. marinaded in 30 wt chowtime.gif biggrin.gif

Yeah, SLITS told me you like to lube your sausage.

Andrew
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(phantom914 @ Sep 17 2004, 10:47 AM)

Andrew

dang, now im gettin nailed on every thread ohmy.gif OUCH!

laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 17 2004, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE(phantom914 @ Sep 17 2004, 10:47 AM)

Andrew

laugh.gif

BRUHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA - See you made Corona famous - BRUHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAH
lagunero

laugh.gif

Really? wub.gif At this rate it won't Ouch for too long huh.gif
Robert21
unsure.gif hope to be there ,sounds like fun
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(lagunero @ Sep 17 2004, 01:26 PM)

dang, now im gettin nailed on every thread  :o  OUCH!

laugh.gif

Really? wub.gif At this rate it won't Ouch for too long huh.gif

oh man laugh.gif runnin a train of insults at me rolleyes.gif
SLITS
icon_bump.gif For the D&G Bi-Annual All 914 Swap Meet and Flesh Roasting.
jdlamonica
Glen,
I've told everyone I know with a 914 that they can't miss the event. I'll be there with the 3.6
Jim monkeydance.gif
skline
I will be there for sure, with any luck, I will be driving the Chalon out. Its ready to go except the exhaust. If I can get that on and licensed, it will make for a good first long drive in it. Seeing as its not to far to get towed home in the event of a mishap. See you there!
a914luvr
Anybody interested in a 914 windshield group buy? It's a Chinese windshield, but I can get them for $160. I bought one yesterday and will install it asap. I'll keep ya posted as to how good it fits.....
Brando
Anyone interested in a 2.0L case? It was run hot for a little while, but came out of a strong runner. Just the case. I've got it sitting around and will take offers on it... If it's not sold here I'll take it to the D&G swapmeet, hopefully someone there will take it off my hands too smile.gif
Sammy
I B Der.
swood
QUOTE(a914luvr @ Sep 22 2004, 11:11 AM)
Anybody interested in a 914 windshield group buy? It's a Chinese windshield, but I can get them for $160. I bought one yesterday and will install it asap. I'll keep ya posted as to how good it fits.....

Glen - I'm in need of a new windshield. Are the chinese ones any more or less quality than others?
Jenny
Glass is better quality, but you know what they say about chinese drivers... So, unfortunately, you're going to start driving like crap. ohmy.gif

Jen
bondo
Cool, this looks like it's gonna be a great turnout. I can't wait. If anyone wants to buy my salvaged titled 73 1.7 for $750, tell me so I can bring it smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(Jenny @ Sep 22 2004, 04:30 PM)
Glass is better quality, but you know what they say about chinese drivers... So, unfortunately, you're going to start driving like crap. ohmy.gif

Jen

An unsubstantiated claim in light of what else they make unsure.gif ..............,No argument about the driving though laugh.gif

And don't get the idea that it is not a good piece. I looked at it and will buy two of them. Glenn and I want to see how they fit. The 944 glass they provided fit well and he bought a 911 glass to try also.
a914luvr
The general consensus is that Sigla glass is the best and it is the OEM stuff. Next best is the PPG. We bought a 911, 914 and a 944 windshield all of the same brand, made in China. The 911 and the 944 glass fit pretty well. I'm trying to get the guy to come out to my place and install one in a 914. If the molding fits ok, I'll be satisfied. That's where I've heard the problem is. If the glass doesn't fit well, the molding won't either. I'll keep ya posted.
bondo
Is there still gonna be a sawzall party at this swap? If so, I need the drivers side sail panel... anyone have a spot weld drill bit? smile.gif
SLITS
There are two candidates for a ""SAWZALL" fest. Problem is moving them to the current site. If we are able to change the location by a couple of blocks, it won't be a problem.

The new site has an electric gate so we could keep MikeZ and Legalowner out (while we display Vin #914115, which is the second of the candidates). rolleyes.gif
bondo
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 23 2004, 05:38 AM)

The new site has an electric gate so we could keep MikeZ and Legalowner out (while we display Vin #914115, which is the second of the candidates). rolleyes.gif

Dibs on the front fenders! (gotta love the 914-8 style turn signal lenses) smile.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(bondo @ Sep 23 2004, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 23 2004, 05:38 AM)

Dibs on the front fenders! (gotta love the 914-8 style turn signal lenses) smile.gif

Sorry, those were stolen laugh.gif I reported it 5 mins after it happened. I heard a report they may be in Deutschland.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(SLITS @ Sep 23 2004, 04:38 AM)
There are two candidates for a ""SAWZALL" fest. Problem is moving them to the current site. If we are able to change the location by a couple of blocks, it won't be a problem.

I hear they have a speelinng test to keep yer ass out..... :finger2:
SLITS
Isn't that a spleeening contest?

Just to entice all of you to attend, I am posting a sneak preview image of 914115

IPB Image

Notice the stolen turn signal indicators. Besides being in Deutschland, the guy that nabbed them was Sur Something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.