Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 fuse panel relays
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VOX
i have a 1975 914, the fuse panel relays do not look like the ones on pelican, or the haynes manual. if someone could point out whats what, that would be much appreciated. i'm trying to pull whatever wires i dont need.

here's an old thread for reference http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=fuse++panel

IPB Image
ClayPerrine
Relay labels on the picture.

Click to view attachment

The only relay you could live without would be the fog light relay. The rest are mandatory to make the car work correctly.
VOX
thank you clay!, i thought there was a buzzer relay, from the haynes manual so i was gonna remove the buzzer and the fog light relay.

ClayPerrine
If there is a buzzer (most people removed it a long time ago), it would be under the passenger seat.
Tom
VOX,
Before you start removing relays and wiring, get a good set of prints from Pelican. I think some of the things you mentioned removing may cause problems in other circuits.
I had one of the tech guys at Pelican send me the prints as an attachment and had Staples make me some 11X17 color prints.
Tom
PDXMike
The diagrams for the 75 can be found here, near the bottom of the page:

http://members.rennlist.org/warren/porsche.html

I printed these out in color and taped them together. The color helped me a lot, and being able to lay them out next to each other was better than using the Haynes manual for me.

Mike

QUOTE(Tom @ Feb 29 2012, 11:34 AM) *

VOX,
Before you start removing relays and wiring, get a good set of prints from Pelican. I think some of the things you mentioned removing may cause problems in other circuits.
I had one of the tech guys at Pelican send me the prints as an attachment and had Staples make me some 11X17 color prints.
Tom
VOX
thanks guys, the colored diagram helps alot.
Dave_Darling
It would not be a bad idea to double-check the wire colors against the diagrams. I am not certain that the guys on the assembly line always put the relays in the same place, and some of these cars have had electrical work done since they left the factory.

Check the wiring diagrams to see what colors of wires go to a particular relay, and then check those against the actual wires that go to your relays.

--DD
Jeffs9146
I just did this on my 75 and it is the gray with a brown stripe under the seat for the key warning buzzer!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.