Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 914/6-GT Project Body
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
74porsche914
Body has been sold. Engine and trans are still available and are going to be posted in a separate ad with pictures soon.

Up for sale is a 1973 Porsche 914/6-GT project car body which I am selling for a friend. This car started life as a ’73 2.0L and was dismantled to be restored to factory specifications in 1976. As the restoration progressed the owner decided he wanted to convert his car to a custom 914/6-GT. All the body work on this car has been done to concourse quality and no expense was spared. No bondo or plastic body filler was used. The flares are steel OEM Porsche and were leaded and filed upon installation. The body has been acid dipped, epoxy primered, and has been treated with Mercedes stone guard undercoating. All body parts including door and lids have been fitted to match perfectly. A stiffening kit and trunk bracing 4130 moly have been installed. GT front and rear bumpers and valences have been primered and front bumper has an oil cooler inlet fabricated. Side Rockers fit perfectly with flared fenders. New GT and original engine lids are included. Buyer gets his choice of either factory steel bumpers or fiberglass bumpers. The targa top has been refinished and new hardware and seals have been installed. All body work on this car was done at Custom Classics in Island Lake, Illinois. The owner of this car is undergoing a divorce and is forced to sell this car. A ton of money has been invested in this car and this is a chance to pay a small fraction of what the owner had invested. Rotisserie is included with the car. You will not find a better quality 914/6-GT body PERIOD. I also have a 1994 Carrera C4 3.6L stock twin plugs motronic Engine with 1800 miles and a new ’86 915 transmission purchased specifically for this build. Transmission was rebuilt by the legendary Jerry Woods Enterprises with Quaife w/limited slip, Vellios 916 shift, oil lubrication system. The owner would like to get $6500 for the body. Engine alone is $12,000 and transmission is $6,000. Also if body, engine, and transmission are purchased together I can definitely cut some slack. I also have many other brand new OEM Porsche parts that could be purchased by the buyer of the body or sold separately. I will be posting a list of these parts later this week. Please contact me at ryan.thomas@drake.edu.

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/...1973%20Porsche/

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Cairo94507
Wow - that is a lot of car for the package price. The body looks very nice and well done. I hope someone buys this and puts it all together.
Loser_Cruiser
Need this in a bad way.
Eric_Shea
Get it. You'll spend more than that on factory flares, installation and various metal work.

Question: How were the longs (paper heater tubes) prepped when they were dipped in acid?
74porsche914
I really do not know because I am not the owner. I can ask the owner though if you would like.

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 29 2012, 06:07 PM) *

Get it. You'll spend more than that on factory flares, installation and various metal work.

Question: How were the longs (paper heater tubes) prepped when they were dipped in acid?

Loser_Cruiser
Question, If purchased how long would one have to come and get it? Is there a safe place it could be kept for a few months? Roads aren't exactly ideal for transporting something like this right now.

Eric, I know sad.gif Timing isn't on my side right now, getting married in a few months, that ain't cheap either lol. Still it might happen...
Wow! Could have should have. Free bump!
74porsche914
I will ask the owner and get back to you on that.
Loser_Cruiser
QUOTE(74porsche914 @ Feb 29 2012, 07:12 PM) *

I will ask the owner and get back to you on that.

Thanks, I'd appreciate that.
laflaur
This isn't sold yet?
74porsche914
Nope still for sale!!
Eric_Shea
I can ask the owner though if you would like.

I think it would be important to his sale. wink.gif
74porsche914
When the car was acid dipped the heater tube boxes were disassembled and taken off the car. They were bead blasted and refinished while off the car. After the body was acid dipped they were primed and reassembled.
74porsche914
I spoke with owner and he is fine with storing the body in a safe, heated environment, as long as you make a payment upfront.

QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Feb 29 2012, 08:11 PM) *

Question, If purchased how long would one have to come and get it? Is there a safe place it could be kept for a few months? Roads aren't exactly ideal for transporting something like this right now.

Eric, I know sad.gif Timing isn't on my side right now, getting married in a few months, that ain't cheap either lol. Still it might happen...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.