Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2004 MID US 914 RAMBLE !!!! (MUSR 6)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dakotaewing
Announcing...

MUSR 6 will be held at the Western Hills Guest Ranch on Ft. Gibson

Lake at Sequoyah State Park (near Wagoner, OK) on October 14-17, 2004.

We will schedule the following events:

---Car Show
---Rally
---Autocross
---Socials
---Tours
---Swap Meet
---Banquet

This yearly 914 event usually draws 30-50 cars from Texas, Oklahoma,
Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississipi, Kansas, and
Tennessee...plus the rest of the country!! (All teeners are welcome!
If you don't have a car, still come and bring pictures! There will be
some people in attendance without their 914's!)

For more info and to see previous MUSR's , go HERE !!!!
Confirmed attendees

Clay & Betty Perrine
Curt Curtis
Joseph Mills
Charlie and Teri Davis
Ron Mott
Thom Ewing
Jimmy Wilkinson
Brian & Julie Kelley
Kevin Robinson
Dave Foreman
Alan Sweet
Nelson Johnson
Jim and Lori Blakewell
David Kraszweski
Dennis & Linda Carter
Chris Alvarado
Tony Chavez
Wes Hildreth
Richard and Rita Fisher (475HP V8 914) ah... those are real #'s
Wayne Fry
Dave & Darlene Kimble
Mike Myers
Ed & Jan Mayo
Don and Stephanie Doumecqs
Craig & Linda Mitchell
Dave Darling
Tim Monnet
Lawrence B.
George Schoeler
cha914
Wow...the response is overwhelming for this event.

Anyone else planning on going? Last year was a good time even without my teener, but I am planning on driving it up this year. Anyone caravanning from the central Texas area? I will be leaving from Austin and going up through Dallas on the way.

Hope to see some more chatter as the event gets closer.

Tony driving.gif
dakotaewing
Tony,
You are more than welcome to hook up with me when you come through Dallas. There will be a contengent of Dallas folks at the event, but we may be leaving at different times... I plan on arriving at "The Ranch" in the early afternoon on Thursday.. I will be driving my Suburban, loaded with goodies to help out anyone along the way -
In years past we have met at a McDonalds in Greenville at 9:14 AM

Thom Ewing
TheCabinetmaker
Tony, glad to see ya on board. Looking forward to going for a ride with you this year. Ya owe me right? biggrin.gif We got some great drives planned. We'll see some of the best asphalt Ok has to offer, and Northeast OK has some of the best there is! Hint. We'll visit OK's oldest town, and the town that don't smoke m-r-j-u-n-a. All proceeded by great 914 roads.

Curt
cha914
Thomas -

Thanks for the info, I mainly wanted to try and get the chatter going for this event like I have seen for many of the others. So, a group of people usually meet at 9:14am on thrus? I will have to wait and see if I have a copilot or not for this event, but it would be great to drive up with a support vehical tongue.gif

Curt -

I definately owe you a ride or two! I am afraid that conversation isn't quite as easy in my car, but I promise it will be fun driving.gif I am really looking forward to the event, just got the time off of work and going to call and get my room. Lets keep the chatter up smilie_pokal.gif

Yours,

Tony
dennisc
Is this place in Oklahoma dry--BYOB type of place?
TheCabinetmaker
No place in Ok. is dry. We abandoned the byol stuff many years ago. Open clubs only. Ya know, liquor by the drink, just like most everywhere else.
dennisc
Ok, I do see Black Jacks Saloon listed. I was just thinking of that time in Poteau--when Charlie had to haul all that 3.2 beer home.
TheCabinetmaker
3.2 beer in the grocery stores. Strong beer in the liquor stores and the clubs
GS9146Driver
clap56.gif I can hardly wait!!! This year Oklahoma has had a nice dry September, I am hoping it'll hold out for the Ramble.
I am trying to plan my trip, does anyone know of a posted event schedule? Just wondering, how many of us will be coming from the Tulsa area?
Cheers , George. beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Hello George. Welcome to the board. There are several of us from the T-town area going. Call me for more info. I have a preliminary schedule, but it's not concrete. I have three awesome drives set up, and a couple of wonderful dinners. We think this will be the best MUSR in recent years.

Curt 918-902-5002
Joseph Mills
A finalized schedule will be forthcoming very soon.

Here is a rough overview as it currently stands:

There are tours scheduled each day followed by dinner.
There is a tech seminar on autocrossing Friday morning.
There is a tech quiz Friday afternoon
There is an autocross Saturday morning.
Car show and swap sale Saturday afternoon.

And much more. biggrin.gif
bajiared
smilie_pokal.gif I'm looking forward to the drives this year had to ride last year. still was fun but not as much as it would have been if my car would have been there. George welcome aboard and be good to meet ya.

kevin
tat2dphreak
all right, thom twisted my arm wink.gif

I'm coming, reservations are made!

I can hardly wait! biggrin.gif
dakotaewing
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 30 2004, 10:20 AM)

I can hardly wait!  :D

rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif rocking nana.gif wink.gif

Thom
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 30 2004, 09:20 AM)

Wayne,

Excellent!

If you don't have your car, I'll give ya a ride on one of the tours driving.gif
Joseph Mills
Schedule released:

MUSR 6 will be held at the Western Hills Guest Ranch on Ft. Gibson Lake at Sequoyah State Park (near Wagoner, OK) on October 14-17, 2004. The preliminary schedule is:

Thursday, Oct 14, 2004
Registration
2:00 PM
6:00 PM
At Western Hills

Tour
5:00 PM
7:00 PM

Dinner
8:45 PM
TBD

Tour
9:00 PM
10:00 PM
Back to Hotel

Friday, Oct 15, 2004
Breakfast
7:00 AM
8:00 AM
At Western Hills

Registration
9:00 AM
At Western Hills

Tech Session
9:00 AM
11:00 AM
Autocross 101 (Panel)

Lunch
11:30 AM
12:30 PM
At Western Hills

Rally
1:00 PM
2:30 PM

Tech Quiz
3:00 PM
5:00 PM
At Western Hills

Tour
5:30 PM
7:15 PM

Dinner
7:15 PM
8:45 PM
TBD

Tour
10:30 PM
Back to Hotel

Saturday, Oct 16. 2004
Breakfast
7:00 AM
At Western Hills

Registration
8:30 AM
12:00 PM
At AX site

Autocross
8:30 AM
12:00 PM
Wagoner @ Ametek Parking Lot

Lunch
12:30 PM
1:30 PM
Baker's Catfish in Wagoner

Registration
4:00 PM
At Western Hills

Car Show
3:30 PM
Parking Lot/Grounds

Swap Meet
3:30 PM
Parking Lot/Grounds

Tour
4:00:PM
4:45PM

Group Photo
4:45 PM
Ft. Gibson Stockade

Tour

Banquet
"Way Out Back"

Tech Session
8:00 PM
Technical Q & A Session (Ed Mayo)

Awards
8:00 PM

Sunday, Oct 17, 2004
Breakfast
6:30 AM
7:30 AM
At Western Hills

Tech Session
10:00 AM
How to Photograph Cars (Panel)

beer.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(joseph222 @ Sep 30 2004, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Sep 30 2004, 09:20 AM)

Wayne,

Excellent!

If you don't have your car, I'll give ya a ride on one of the tours driving.gif

sweet! the car can't make it, but I agree with Thom: the MUSR will give me the motivaion to finish!

biggrin.gif
cha914
Wayne,

Thats exactly what it did for me last year...the car is by no means finished, but it is making it to the even this year!

The more the better beerchug.gif

See you there...

BTW...any more definate plans on a Dallas area caravan heading out on thrus?

Tony
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(cha914 @ Oct 1 2004, 09:48 AM)
Wayne,

BTW...any more definate plans on a Dallas area caravan heading out on thrus?

Tony

dunno, if anyone needs a ride on Friday though, I'll be glad to have the company!
dakotaewing
Tony,
When do you think you will leave on Thursday from Austin?
I am going to be picking someone up at DFW airport, and then leaving for the MUSR...
But I won't be leaving Dallas until later in the day... as early as 2:00 and as late as about 6:00... Still working on the details... There are at least 5 of us from the DFW area going...
Thom
cha914
Thom,

Well, I was considering leaving for dallas on Wed night and staying with some friends, cause I though people were meeting around 9:14 on thrus morning, but if you arn't leaving till the afternoon then I will just head out thrus morning.

You tell me, I am totally flexable, but would like to caravan with some people if possible. How long a drive are we looking at from Dallas? I know it will take me about 3 to get to Dallas...

Tony
onrails
Tony, your looking at another 4 to 4 1/2 hours to the lodge. I can give you guys directions to the lodge that you won't find on the maps. I'll post that here later.
dakotaewing
QUOTE(cha914 @ Oct 1 2004, 12:08 PM)
Thom,

Well, I was considering leaving for dallas on Wed night and staying with some friends, cause I though people were meeting around 9:14 on thrus morning, but if you arn't leaving till the afternoon then I will just head out thrus morning.

You tell me, I am totally flexable, but would like to caravan with some people if possible.  How long a drive are we looking at from Dallas?  I know it will take me about 3 to get to Dallas...

Tony

From DFW airport, according to Mapquest, its about 254 miles, and about 4 hours and 20 minutes. But that that also depends on what time of day I will be eastbound on 635...

onrails, Are you on the list at the top of the page? If not, PM me your contact info please... I also need Tshirt sizes for everyone! Thom
cha914
That won't be too bad...so I guess there is no official meet up site yet? Anyway, let me know as soon as something is worked out. I can't wait! I put 600 hard miles on the 914 last weekend (canyon running) and car took it and asked for more...so this trip should be a breeze, if not a little loud tongue.gif

Yours,

Tony
cha914
OK...since I seemed to kill this thread earlier (damn I am good at that) I am going to try and bring it back from the dead...

Less than a week to go till the big event, what are you rushing to do to your 914 to get it ready? Here is my list:

- Replace shifter bushings - arrived yesterday

- Change the oil - duh

- Install new spedometer - fully electronic, thread coming soon tongue.gif

- Fix tranny leak - damn old spedo drive cable

- make new breather box - damn high reving Raby motor can't breath

- Install Firewall carpet - *might* get to this one

- Wire in hot start relay - long drives = push start right now

- finish my oil cooler shroud - almost done, decided to go traditional here

Anyway, I have a busy saturday ahead of me where I will hope to knock out all this stuff...what are you guys doing?

boldblue.gif

Tony driving.gif
Joseph Mills
Tony,

I don't think you killed the thread. Ford relay cures the hot start. Works great on mine.

I have installed my other "Pilot" driving light.

Replaced some burnt out tail lights.

New bulb for trunk. I now also have an engine bay light.

Cleaned up the engine bay wiring to some degree (Mallory unilite, Hyfire & Pro coil adds up to a lot of wires.

Installed two inline fuel filters (one for ea. carb).

Adjusted valves and cleaned idle jets.

Still need to change oil and maybe re-check the valves.

For any of you guys from texas coming up alone, you may want to consider camping. About a half dozen of us are planning on doing so. We've got a site picked out (w/hot&cold showers) and have a large "Camp 914" sign. We will circle the 914s like wagons and sit around the campfire. biggrin.gif

I'm keeping my cabin reservation up to the last minute, but it looks like the weather is going to be nice. rolleyes.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Mine needs;

oil change
valve adjustment
tps set
co set
front tranni seal repalced
Ford realy( damnit!)
Good looking passenger

But I have 5 cars that must be ready to go, so I guess mine will suffer till I get back.

Sorry Craig, We've borrowed the camp914 theme. This will be a real campout 914.
SirAndy
i am soooo out. sorry, you guys will have to try to have fun without me ....

i'll pass the AX torch to this years winner! smilie_pokal.gif

happy MUSRing!
driving.gif Andy
seanery
Andy,
let's you and I go next year! driving.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(seanery @ Oct 9 2004, 08:39 AM)
Andy,
let's you and I go next year! driving.gif

I will carry the 914world.com banner to the MUSR this year. cool.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. Do we have a banner? rolleyes.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Rusty, did I read that you will be at Western Hills? Just wear your hat like the rest of us. Looks like some good tours in store for us.

Curt
Rusty
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Oct 10 2004, 05:41 PM)
Rusty, did I read that you will be at Western Hills? Just wear your hat like the rest of us. Looks like some good tours in store for us.

Hat? blink.gif

Actually, I'll be there, but in my Jeep. I'm arriving Friday, and leaving on Saturday. I'm spending time with my son, and he'll be with me.

It's a "guys only" roadtrip.

-Rusty smoke.gif
cha914
OK...got everything done...so I am ready to roll tomorrow,

Anybody meeting up in Dallas Area to drive up?

I am flexable on my leaving time from Austin, and Dallas will be a good place to stop for a stretch and a bite to eat. However, I would rather not be arriving to the event in the dark...SOOOO....I should have about every tool to rebuild the entire car, but its always good to travel in groups tongue.gif

driving.gif

Tony
Joseph Mills
Tony,

I don't know what route you're taking, but I'm headed east on I-40 from OKC tomorrow (thursday). Hopefully I will leave around noon or so. I can adjust my departure time somewhat if you want to hook up. I plan on arriving in time to setup camp and make the 5:00 tour. driving.gif
cha914
Joseph,

I am waiting to hear back from the dallas crew, and really don't have a route planned yet, but I will keep you posted as things develop today.

See you soon,

Tony
cha914
Well, it looks like I will be leaving austin between 8 and 9...so I figure dallas around 12 for lunch, then hopefully be at the event around 5ish...

So I figure the only way I could meet you Joseph is at the I40 and I69 intersection...is that how you are going in?

Anyway, here is my cell# 512-775-9461 ... if you think we can meet up that would be great, but you dont' need to wait for me.

See you tomorrow!

Tony
Joseph Mills
Tony,

If you were taking I-35 to OKC and then I-40 to #69 we could meet in OKC. But it you're taking #69 all the way (which is probably shorter mileage wise - maybe time wise too) to Muskogee, there is not much sense in meeting.

I hope you have a good drive. My mobil is 405-615-9000 if you run into any problems.

If you miss the 5:00pm tour, I will try to call you and give directions to where dinner will be so you can join in if you like and do the 2nd half of the tour. Although, after your drive you may not feel like anything but beerchug.gif
cametal
Some pictures from the Sat. tour.
cametal
seanery
unpinning...hoping to see pics soon and hear the stories! biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Just back from the ramble. Great fun. Still have to download pics from camera.

A little bad news:
DD killed Ed Mayo's pushrod at the AX.

Dave Foreman lost a tie rod end on the highway. car is still in wagoner.
"On rails" killed his own car when he lost it in an off camber turn and landed in a creek. Unibody is bent. Will post pics of the carnage tomorrow.

Good news:
Joseph 222 kicked AX ass!
cha914's new RAT 2056 is awesome.
I won second place in the car show.modified 4 division
It was good to see rusty home safe.
Awards banquet was 5 star.
rick 918-S
Comeon guy's. We're dying here. How about sharing...... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ClayPerrine
MUSR6 Pictures.

IPB Image

Dave Darling gets Shafted!!!! monkeydance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.