Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big day = big dud
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
Well my "big day" turned into a lesson on "weakest link in the chain". headbang.gif

While adjusting the clutch cable the "cleavis" sp? that attaches to the pedal end of the cable exploded. Closer inspection of the pedal level (where the cable attaches) revealed and shot bushing and a hole in the shape of an easter egg.

I have new parts already, but now realize that they too will be ruined if the lever is not address. As soon as I can pull the pedal assembly, I will post more pics. I have some ideas of how to repair, but need to inspect further.

standby
jr91472
Ok, here is the culprit. yikes!!! ohmy.gif
jr91472
I don't think my new $6 plastic bushing would last more than 1 day in there. Any ideas?

AA list a new "clutch pedal shaft" at $78. I really don't have any need to take my pedal cluster apart (PO put in bronze bushings) biggrin.gif .

I am thinking of using JB Weld to fill in the gap, using the new bushing as a guide.

Comments....flame away, but at least bring suggestions. pray.gif

thx
jr91472
you are evil happy11.gif

That pedal looks really sweet and clean. will give it some thought. thanks
jr91472
no offense intended...are rubber pedal pads included?
jr91472
She runs! She runs! clap56.gif

Finally got her out the garage and around the blocks a few times. Really ran rough, but good enough to make sure that i could find all 5 gears and reverse. Side shifter is much much better than the old tail shifter.

Picking up new spark plugs this afternoon then tweek the clutch a little more tomarrow.

thanks all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

driving-girl.gif
machina
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Sep 21 2004, 02:40 PM)
She runs! She runs!

congrats, mueba.gif

but what did you do about the elongated hole in the clutch arm?

dr
jr91472
I carefully filed down the rough edges of the hole, then inserted the new bushing. Then using a small nail i filled in the gap with JB Weld. Should have taken a pic cause it came out looking great.

I comtemplated replacing the whole pedal assy but since it already had brass bushings, this was worth a try. Time will tell.
machina
QUOTE(jr91472 @ Sep 21 2004, 05:07 PM)
I carefully filed down the rough edges of the hole, then inserted the new bushing. Then using a small nail i filled in the gap with JB Weld.

Your going to have to change your screen name to McGyver dude. smash.gif

dr
jr91472
yea..its a bit of a rig. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.