Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTF Early Motor Mounts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914_teener
Well .....finally need to replace the trans mounts, clunking on hard shifts and I can visibly see the driver side is cracked.

While I am there....those famous words....I decided to check out the front mounts.

I should note that my car mfg date is 01/73 so early 73.

Questions are?

Are these the early type mounts?

Where do the rubber bits go?

How would I know if they are bad for this type?

See pics

Thanks to all as usual.....

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

McMark
That's the later side-shifter setup (hopefully your trans matches). The rubber bits are in the center, and kinda hard to change in the car. But if you support the engine (SAFELY!) and then remove the mount bar completely, you can install new rubber mounts.
TravisNeff
You will know when you try to drop the engine and the bar falls on the ground! <pucker!>

Suspend the engine with a jack, loosen the side connections (as in your pic) and if the bar falls down, you know you need new mounts. They can be replaced while the engine is in the car. The mounts themselves are on either side of the fan shroud on the engine mount bar.
914_teener
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Mar 9 2012, 07:49 PM) *

You will know when you try to drop the engine and the bar falls on the ground! <pucker!>

Suspend the engine with a jack, loosen the side connections (as in your pic) and if the bar falls down, you know you need new mounts. They can be replaced while the engine is in the car. The mounts themselves are on either side of the fan shroud on the engine mount bar.

Thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.