Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: added 4762902482 & 4742907368 to the scrap list
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
So there is a guy I know that has bunch of cars in his back field and around his two pole barns. I have known him for over 10yrs now and just these past few I was finally allowed to go see what he has. I have helped him clear a path or two to the woods were most of his 80+, yes the is right 80+ cars are. Sadly they are all junk with afew exceptions that are in the pole barns, but the racoons have done a nice job of Fing them up also. He is now getting on in years and is slowly clearing out the "JUNK" as he puts it.

He allowed me yesterday to come out and look at two of the three 914's he has and take a few pictures. He has two 74's and a 76. One 74 is a bumblebee LE that is trashed, but in the pole barn. I have asked many times about it and he is going to fix it up some day. screwy.gif

Anyway here is 4762902482 & 4742907368 these cars are trashed. The 76 has a 2.0L engine & trans, but I am not sure how I would even get the car out to pull these. ANd yes that is a 58 MGA, a couple of older sprites and BMW 2002 and I think an Alpha. Anyway first up is:

4762902482 sad.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Next 4742907368 sad.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

And the others dry.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
reharvey
Wow! What a pile of rust and what a waste. It's sad to see cars left outside to rot.
SLITS
Ah .... two Ferguson Tractors ..... (TR3).
Bartlett 914
ashes to ashes and all that. What a waste. He could have gotten paid for these and really he should pay to have them removed
Prospectfarms
Gruesome in a fascinating way. Marooned hulks of interesting collectible sports cars. Thanks for taking and sharing the great photos
Prospectfarms
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 11 2012, 09:16 AM) *

Ah .... two Ferguson Tractors ..... (TR3).

That was funny. Brit car collector slang? Or am I not getting it?

I've worked on TR3 and TE20's and to be honest, IMHO, the Ferguson tractor was cooler and better made.
JeffBowlsby
What is it that causes people to be obsessive hoarders?
rick 918-S
I wonder how many of these places are left around the country where no one is even allowed in much less able to resque any of that early iron. There are some crazy guys out there... screwy.gif I know a guy in his 80's now that has a huge pole barn with a second floor built in much of it that chalked full of stuff older than 1940. Ya, I'm going to fix those up.. confused24.gif Ya, those and the twenty or so others that are resting around the property and stuffed into several semi trailers... wacko.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Mar 11 2012, 06:20 AM) *

Gruesome in a fascinating way. Marooned hulks of interesting collectible sports cars. Thanks for taking and sharing the great photos

What is sad is I know what is in those two pole barns. It is a damn shame at one time they were great race cars and collectible cars, now they are junk with a few good parts.

His front barn is better with a nice bunch older british cars that are not trashed, but need work none the less. He has a guy that is working on them and helping sell them off. I was involved a few years ago, but had a falling out with the "repair guy" over him screwing the owner of these cars and stealing. I spoke my mind to him and the owner about what was going on. I felt it was better to just part ways and let them deal with these cars.

I do see him once or twice a month and he will offer any Porsche parts he finds hidden away to me for a fair price. Sometimes I buy them and sometime I just list them for him on ebay and such and pass the $$ along to him. He is a great guy and I enjoyed going there looking at the old cars and hearing his stories about them. I will keep you guys posted, maybe he will let me take some pictures of his pole barncar collection some day.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 11 2012, 06:32 AM) *

added 4762902482 & 4742907368 to the scrap list

Thank you Sir!

beerchug.gif
scotty b
dry.gif shame. That Alfa is an early ( 63-67 ) sprint GTV headbang.gif
jim_hoyland
Interesting pics, thanks for sharing; plus 2 more VINs for the database... smile.gif
whatabout1
Side glass and wing windows look ok.
shoguneagle
The Alfa looks interesting and wondering if he would sell it. I have a similar vehicle and would need the parts. Very sad to see those great cars wasting away.

Steve
jmill
QUOTE(scotty b @ Mar 11 2012, 03:52 PM) *

dry.gif shame. That Alfa is an early ( 63-67 ) sprint GTV headbang.gif

agree.gif What a waste.

If he has a 74 GTV 2000 I'd be all over it.
Thestigz06
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Mar 11 2012, 06:32 AM) *

4762902482 sad.gif

That dashpad is still nicer then mine... lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.