Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any experience with Dellortos?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob L.
HI again,
I have been going back and forth on what to put on my 1.7 for fuel intake
I thought I had an FI set lined up but it's not looking good.

So... back to the beginning.

I am interested in a set of Dellorto drla36's that are listed on ebay.
They are always available and look very nicely rebuilt. The listing claims they are bench tested and synchronized. Does anyone here have any experience with them? I think they would be just right for my 1.7

They are in Italy. I'm not sure if that should make me more nervous or not. confused24.gif

Any help on this would be appreciated. TIA

Bob.
Jesse
thats whats on my 1.7 they do ok
i havent had to mess with them
but if i could i would go with FI to cut down on the noise
pilothyer
Bob....If you are concerned about dealing with ALFA1750 in Italy, don't worry. This guy is very good at what he does and is very trustworthy, You will be amazed at the shipping times from Italy to your door. Ask him all the questions you need to before buying....Tell him what you have and ask for recommendations. He is a real Pro and you won't be sorry..........Jerry
Mike Bellis
Syncronized on the bench and on your engine are two different things. They will almost never be the same. I like Dells but don't know anything about those.
McMark
Make sure they have air bypass ports. I've seen side-draft Dellortos that didn't and it means you can't sync the two throats perfectly. Getting carbs synced correctly is huge.
Bob L.
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 11 2012, 07:42 PM) *

Make sure they have air bypass ports. I've seen side-draft Dellortos that didn't and it means you can't sync the two throats perfectly. Getting carbs synced correctly is huge.

They do. The listing refers to them being upgraded to brass, synch'd and set with a drop of paint to hold it.

After installation I would have everything on the engine tuned up.

I'll ask the vendor about jetting/emulsion tubes.

monkeyboy
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Mar 11 2012, 05:55 PM) *

Bob....If you are concerned about dealing with ALFA1750 in Italy, don't worry. This guy is very good at what he does and is very trustworthy, You will be amazed at the shipping times from Italy to your door. Ask him all the questions you need to before buying....Tell him what you have and ask for recommendations. He is a real Pro and you won't be sorry..........Jerry

I second that. I have bought a ton of jets and parts from him for a few projects I have been working on. He is a great seller. I would buy from him any day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.