Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Someday a build thread; Until then
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tbox56
I finally put some time into my teener this weekend, and built the mount and shroud for new griffin radiator. I still need to cut a hole for the latch, but other than that it is complete.

IPB Image
DBCooper
Very nice. You bent those at home?
tbox56
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Mar 12 2012, 03:05 AM) *

Very nice. You bent those at home?

Not at home per say, but yes, all the bends, cuts, etc. are done by my dad and I.
914.SBC
I love it...
NIcely shaped, etc. beerchug.gif
firstknight13
QUOTE(tbox56 @ Mar 11 2012, 11:27 PM) *

I finally put some time into my teener this weekend, and built the mount and shroud for new griffin radiator. I still need to cut a hole for the latch, but other than that it is complete.

IPB Image

why is the bleeder on top ?.....is it a closed radiator?? very nice... biggrin.gif
Rand
Did I miss the thread on your build that tells about the power plant?
Hoping you'll point me to it or spill the beans. wink.gif
Nice metalwork.
tbox56
QUOTE(Rand @ Mar 12 2012, 06:27 PM) *

Did I miss the thread on your build that tells about the power plant?
Hoping you'll point me to it or spill the beans. wink.gif
Nice metalwork.

You didn't miss anything recently, but there might be an old thread somewhere. It is a 2.5l SOHC Subaru engine, naturally aspirated. I am also doing all the body work and paint, adding a set of 916 bumpers, sway bars, and a fresh interior. Should be a sweet ride when it is all said and done.
Zaney
Looks great!

I am in the final stages of my Suby build too. I will watch yours for the body and paint part.

Good luck!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Nate
Andyrew
QUOTE(firstknight13 @ Mar 12 2012, 07:25 PM) *

IPB Image

why is the bleeder on top ?.....is it a closed radiator?? very nice... biggrin.gif

Because he's smart smile.gif

You need a bleeder at the highest points, At the front and the fill in the back are the best spots.
pete
Nice sheet metal work. I'm assuming the radiator mounts are just as nice. Do you have pics of the complete installation? What radiator did you use as I need to start sourcing cooling items for my V8 installation.

Pete
tbox56

It is a closed radiator, with no pressure valve up front. That is in the back, and as stated bleeders on each end are recommended. And it came that way smile.gif

QUOTE(pete @ Mar 13 2012, 12:19 PM) *

Nice sheet metal work. I'm assuming the radiator mounts are just as nice. Do you have pics of the complete installation? What radiator did you use as I need to start sourcing cooling items for my V8 installation.

The mount and shroud is actually one in the same. there are 4 bolts that go through behind the front bumper, and if I feel it is necessary, i can run a couple through the trunk floor as well.

The radiator is from Griffin Radiators, found here. I used the 13x22" with the inlet and outlet positioned for my system. It was a little pricy, but very nice, well built, and couldn't fit better.
firstknight13
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 13 2012, 08:33 AM) *

IPB Image

Because he's smart smile.gif

You need a bleeder at the highest points, At the front and the fill in the back are the best spots.

i have a griffin radiator and the bleeder is at the bottom but the filler is at the top so i'm wondering if he put the radiator in upside down on purpose with the filler down or if he doesn't have a filler as i do.....i am very much aware of the problems with bleeding the system....
Andyrew
The highest point is engine bay. Your fill and overflow should be in the engine bay..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.