Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VDO Quartz clock repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PBC914
The original clock on my 75 914 is not working. I tested the motor which appears to be the culprit. Does anyone have a recommendation for a vendor?
I looked in the vendor section, and unless I missed it I don't see a specific vendor repairing clocks.

Thanks in advance for advice/input.

Paul
Tom_T
Both North Hollywood Speedo (LA area) & Palo Alto Speedo (SF Bay area) - both in CA, do excellent work & repair quartz clocks, as well as repair & resto on all VDO gauges.

You google for them, or look in the back of magazines like Panorama, Excellence, Hemmings/Sports & Exotic Cars, etc. for their ads.
RickS
agree.gif Those be the places.
Eric_Shea
Check prices. It use to be Palo Alto was much less than North Hollywood.

That said, Scott S had a 10k tach built by NHW that seems to be less than what I'm currently paying at PA.
kconway
NHS doesn't repair the clock, they replace the clockworks with a new quartz works. Probably just semantics...

Kevin
r_towle
North Hollywood speedometer and palo alto are the SAME company now and have been for years.

That said, they do the job very well, loads of happy clients.

Rich
type47fan
QUOTE(r_towle @ Mar 12 2012, 07:11 PM) *

North Hollywood speedometer and palo alto are the SAME company now and have been for years.

That said, they do the job very well, loads of happy clients.

Rich

agree.gif A few years ago, they took this 60mm VDO Saab fuel gauge I picked up on ebay and turned it into a 914/6 GT style fuel gauge for a very reasonable price. The guts are calibrated to work with the stock 914 sender. They ended up making four of these gauges for me.

I also had them convert some other VDO gauges to go with the '73 and earlier silver button look for my '76 V8 conversion.

Bottom line is that they can probably do just about anything related to our car's gauges in an efficient and reasonable manner.
matthepcat
Did you check the member vendor section? Al fixes clocks.

Does your clock have the white plastic back on it?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=100721
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.