Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to Borrow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I need to borrow for a day a set of 3 stud carb manifolds to light off my new engine. the engine is gonna be fuel injected but I want to start it out of the car the first time and all the FI stuff is just too complicated. Kevin is gonna loan me his Webers for the day. If we could scounge up some manifolds it would make it much easier.

Thanks

Dave
Rocky
Dave, your lucky day. I just aquired a 2.0 engine and it has dual 40's. mueba.gif You can use them if you wish. Im leaving out of town for a week starting this sunday so Ill need to get them to you before then.

Tim
Bleyseng
I have a set laying around too if you want them, Dave.

Geoff
rhodyguy
having the intakes will help out quite a bit. i really don't want to pull mine. i can take off the carbs as a unit and not have to mess with the linkage. i'll come over early and pull them. all i have for juice is a facet. if anyone has a regulator, or a 3.5 lb pump laying around that would be great.

dave, what are you going to use? the headers? if you had a set of old he's you could use the muffler system i have. if not, better go buy some earplugs for everyone.

kevin
Rocky
Kev, I have the pump, regulator with gauge and the entire carb/manifold setup. I don't think you'll need to pull yours off. Im available Saturday if that works Dave.

Tim
DNHunt
Tim

That would be great. I'll give you a call at home

Thanks

Dave
rhodyguy
that would be fine too tim. is the engine a runner? or is it a core that's been sitting a while? my setup is pretty well dialed in. it would be a hassle to worry about the linkage being all out of wack. what's the story on the new engine? built up 2.0 or a stocker with carbs?

kevin
Rocky
All stock, never been cracked open. PO thought carbs might need rebuilding. We drove car short distance to his shop to remove engine. Ran a little rough but was completly cold, no smoke. Ive got them off already so its no problem to bring everything. beerchug.gif

Tim
SLITS
FACET should put out less than 5 psig, unregulated.
Jake Raby
SWEET! Call me before you fire it the first time.
rhodyguy
tim, if you are so inclined....you might pull an idle jet out, up near the inlet ports small screw top, to see what yours have. on the top of the carbs there are to big screw items. those are the main jet stacks. note the air correction, should be an f-something, and the main jet size. jake, did dave get the numbers he needs from you yet?

kevin
Rocky
Ill check it out tonight when I get home.

Tim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.