Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM Car of the Month April-May
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carr914
OK, It's time to Start Voting

The Poll will remain Open for 10 Days, then a Winner will be announced. The Winning car will be on our HomePage for 2 Months and will have a COTM Badge in their Signature

Please Remember, while I encourage the Nominees, the nominators and the rest of you Ass-Hats to post Pictures & Comments about the Cars, this is Not the time & place to give your opinion on how the Contest should be run, tear apart a nominees car, etc.

Good Luck to all our Contestants - a Fine Group of 914s
carr914
#1 BDog

Click to view attachment
carr914
#2 Jim Hoyland

Click to view attachment
carr914
#3 Jon Fernandes

Click to view attachment
carr914
#4 AZ914

Click to view attachment
carr914
#5 dlee6204

Click to view attachment
rnellums
I know flared cars always win, but Bdog's car is unbelievable.
MoveQik
I gotta vote for AZ914. He has owned the car for close to 20 years and does every bit of work that he possibly can himself including tackling the 3.2 conversion. Plus he is a hella-nice guy.
jim_hoyland
The black bDog car and its modifications is the most impressive 914 Ive seen over the past 25 years. Got to see it close up at the 2011 Medford WCR, the details are terrific. Gets my vote for COTM
AZ914
Thanks Mike! I have owned this car since 1990. It was my daily driver for a few years in the early nineties before becoming a weekender. I had it parked for a few years before starting to restore it back in 2003-04. At that point, I did the 5-lug, had the motor gone through, and had a buddy lay down the paint. In 2008 I backdated the bumpers and in 2011 did the 3.2 conversion. Lots of little projects in between but those are the highlights.

Here is a pic before the bumper backdate.

jcambo7
Would like to hear more information about each of the cars. Any history and what the car has. Stock, not stock, etc... confused24.gif
BIGKAT_83
Had to go with AZ914's car been one of my favorites for along time. I really like this picture....
Click to view attachment

aktion035.gif Bob
Tom_T
While the chopped & channeled Bdog & 3.2 conversion are awesome (and a dead heat at the time I voted), and Jon's & dlee's are sweet originals ....

I had to vote for Jim's - he being an older fart like me & more so with his being Copper with a Tan interior - similar to the repaint I had on my 73 2L 8/76 - 5/80 (also a tan interior).

So his 914 brings back good memories of when my 914 was my DD & one-n-only car, & I was a young & single cray guy! biggrin.gif
MartyYeoman
Gotta vote for Jim and his heated seats!!
wingnut86
I vote for Jim.

Did I win his cool rearview for my car?

happy11.gif
6freak
no factory 6 hissyfit.gif im note voten......this shits rigged

MikeC biggrin.gif
jonferns
Hey guys, thanks for the nomination. Car is a '74 1.8, spent its entire life in CA up until about 5 years ago when we bought it. It keeps me occupied with lots of little projects, but it has been super reliable and a great driver driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
All Fantastic Nominee's and I hope you keep up the conversation w/ pictures over the next 9 Days.

T.C.
rick 918-S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1u9n3-R70s
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I voted for Jim H 's , never met him or seen his 914 in person, but I consider

him a friend. Dave slap.gif
amphiduck
This one's tough.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 15 2012, 08:27 AM) *

The black bDog car and its modifications is the most impressive 914 Ive seen over the past 25 years. Got to see it close up at the 2011 Medford WCR, the details are terrific. Gets my vote for COTM

Hey Jim your car is sweet and very nice interior beerchug.gif
As you/we saw B-dogs car up close at the WCR, B-dog gave me a ride in it, that car is second to none. B-dog is also soon to move just a few miles accross the bay from me. pray.gif So I gave my vote to my new neighbor. first.gif
dlee6204
Here are some more pictures of my car. smile.gif Originally a '73 2.0L. Currently sporting a 1.8L w/ CIS. A true daily driver.

Build Thread: HERE

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
johannes
I am a promoter of originality and never vote for flared cars. But this time I have to vote for BDog's monster. It's just too sexy...

Scott S
yep - that car is fantastic for sure. I love the thought/time that went in to every panel.
AZ914
Here is a pic from last year's Rt. 66 Classic. Oatman anyone?

TC 914-8
WE NEED MORE PICTS OF B-DOGS CAR!!!!
914_teener
This one is tough.

If I premise my vote on driver and car I gotta go with Hoylands's car.

Super nice guy and great car. Jim is like the 914 ambassador.

Not to say the other folks and cars aren't also very nice. I sure like all the rest as well.
markb
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 16 2012, 10:57 AM) *

This one is tough.

If I premise my vote on driver and car I gotta go with Hoylands's car.

Super nice guy and great car. Jim is like the 914 ambassador.

Not to say the other folks and cars aren't also very nice. I sure like all the rest as well.

agree.gif
Rand
QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Mar 16 2012, 10:16 AM) *

WE NEED MORE PICTS OF B-DOGS CAR!!!!

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=118520

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=133115
jim_hoyland
Thanks for the nomination and kind words: Bought the car in 1983 or so, the original owner lost interest and put a FS sign on the window just as I was driving by. Did a U turn, wrote a check and drove it home ( about 3 blocks at the time )

Took me a long time to figure out what I had before the internet. I had the car disassembled for painting and upgrades so I could use it as a daily driver.

Color is copper metalic and close to the original Porsche copper for '75 Interior is tan with red accents; getty dash, power windows, 911 flag mirrors, and a third brake light.

Wheels are 6 x 16 Fuchs with Kumho 16 x 205s; Koni's al around, front/rear sway bars. Front calipers are 911M with the SC vented rotors.

Three tops are used: a new Mikey Saratoga ( WAS) top, a copper colored one, and a stock black top,

The original motor was a 1.8 L-Jet, it's been upgraded to a 2.0 but still uses the L-Jet.

Back before I knew any other 914 owners, I was going to get rid of the car; then I ran into Joe Sharp who lives only a couple of miles from me. I think he had 4 914's at the time. His encouragement and help with parts kept me in the game. THOMAS and Dr Evil also contributed to improving the car.

Today, I don't use it as a daily driver, I use the Boxster. But it's a bigger blast to drive.

Here's a few pics:
g911
dlee6204 clean, simplicity at its best
jonferns
Here are a few more I dug up smile.gif

Click to view attachment
jonferns
Click to view attachment

jonferns
Can't fit them all into one post
jonferns
Click to view attachment
Socalandy
Here's a closup of Jason's car from the RRC 2011

I'm not a fan of red on any car until I saw his car drooley.gif
Socalandy
Another
JRust
I voted for Jason's car too! Rode in it during Route a few years ago. It is in excellent shape. I can't wait for another ride at Route with it's new 3.2 drooley.gif
Cracker
All very nice cars. cheer.gif

Only been around a couple years and don't want to look through the archives...how many v8 cars have won COTM? confused24.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Cracker @ Mar 17 2012, 09:10 PM) *

All very nice cars. cheer.gif

Only been around a couple years and don't want to look through the archives...how many v8 cars have won COTM? rolleyes.gif

None
J P Stein
I gave Mike (BDOG) the kiss of death with my vote. biggrin.gif
BDog
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=304
029]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=304034]

Here are a few more pictures of the car.

Thanks everybody for your consideration.

BDog
jsayre914
drooley.gif
That has to be the coolest 914 I have ever seen. You got my vote
jbyron
Freakin' wow, that's the 914 Darth Vader would drive when his TIE fighter's in the shop.
bdogs 914 is the sexiest and most beastly 914 ive ever seen. ive often wondered how a 914 would look chopped. now i know. and now i must do. idea.gif biggrin.gif drooley.gif
carr914
1/2 Way thru the Voting Time & I believe we already have a RECORD Number of Votes ( for a 10 day period)

I wonder how High Click to view attachment the Voting will go?

A Good Race so far, but I really feel for the 4-Cyl Cars, they deserve better - Vote, Vote

The other 3 - that Vader is Wow, Jim ( you got my Vote & I don't normally like BB) & AZ is beautiful.

Keep up the Votes & Good Luck
tadink
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 19 2012, 01:44 PM) *

drooley.gif
That has to be the coolest 914 I have ever seen. You got my vote

agree.gif

any more details on the build? what flares are those? great dash - alicante? engine / trans?

just fantastic!

td
6freak
I like the beautiful black paint
I like the color combo of the red car ,,,very nice indeed
I picked the yellow car ...because its just a 914 and a very nice one at that
...congrats to all the nominee`s
biggrin.gif
Rand
QUOTE(tadink @ Mar 20 2012, 05:27 PM) *

any more details on the build?

See the links in post #30.
http://www.aandmdeluxecustoms.com/gallery/...ls.php?album=58
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.