Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauges....Where to mount and how?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
falconfp2001
I'm just starting my Megasquirt Install prep and need to mount my AFR Gauge. I'll mount it first because it can run independently of the MEgasquirt.

I don't want to cut my lower pad or my upper pad as they are nearly perfect and I like to keep the look as stock as possible.

Any suggestions or maybe pics of how you have added gauges would be much appreciated.

I have a 1971 1.7L with stock injection. I want to mount the Gauge under the dash just a little left of the center point of the dash.

Any suggestions?
McMark
Some people pull out the ashtray assembly and use those mounting points. Some people remove the radio and install it there. Some people use a stock center console and replace the clock. 914Appearance and Performance sells a piece that replaces the A-pillar pad and mounts two gauges.
jsayre914
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 15 2012, 03:11 PM) *

Some people use a stock center console and replace the clock. 914Appearance and Performance sells a piece that replaces the A-pillar pad and mounts two gauges.

I just did both of these ideas last weekend, replaced the clock and the pillar guages. I think it looks pretty good. Just dont tell scottyB or Dr Evil, they will poke fun at you poke.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 15 2012, 01:57 PM) *

Some people use a stock center console and replace the clock. 914Appearance and Performance sells a piece that replaces the A-pillar pad and mounts two gauges.

I just did both of these ideas last weekend, replaced the clock and the pillar guages. I think it looks pretty good. Just dont tell scottyB or Dr Evil, they will poke fun at you poke.gif

There was a thread about this for the center console. Looked really good. I think it was the guy who was installing the FI setup that Mark sells. I liked the way it looked.
Mike Bellis
I pulled the ashtray for my boost controller. Use the same mounting screws as the astray bracket.

Click to view attachment
falconfp2001
I'm trying to stay away from the Center console. MY direction is for a future CarPC and touch screen for, Nav, Internet, Radio, Media Center, Engine Management and data logging, etc.

Underneath the center of the dash is just perfect for one of these then a 10" touch screen display. I can then tune while traveling and everything else.

http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/armr200.aspx

But the O2 s3ensor and gauge are separate so I want a clean install of a single or dual gauge that won't clutter the lower center of the dash.

I also would like to not cut the dash at all. That way it can still look stock with the touch screen pushed up under the dash when not in use
GeorgeRud
The ashtray location works great for mounting two VDO or other 2 1/16" gauges. VDO makes a bracket out of rubber that can easily be cut to fit (simply remove the angled top section and drill two holes to utilize the stock ashtray mounting holes). The location makes it easy to see the gauges, and is reversible as no parts of the dash were cut to do the install.
Kirmizi
Here's an idea Demick posted awhile back
rwilner
QUOTE(914_teener @ Mar 15 2012, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 15 2012, 01:57 PM) *

There was a thread about this for the center console. Looked really good. I think it was the guy who was installing the FI setup that Mark sells. I liked the way it looked.

I'm that guy!

Somehow I don't have a "finished" pic but here's some pics of the install of an innovate LC-1

Sensor / Brain mtg 1:
IPB Image

Sensor / Brain mtg 2:
IPB Image

Custom center console plate:
IPB Image

Mock up complete in cardboard...AFR gauge is in the upper left:
IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.