Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blank page engine rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
My 75' 62k mile 914 is ready to redo...the original 2.0 is going to get the FI put back on, then taken out of the car and put in storage.

I have a 73' 2.0 that I want to build and put in the re-done car: What would you do with the engine build? I'm taking off Webers from the original car...that's a starting point.
bigkensteele
I would start by posting 2 identical threads and see which way each of them goes. poke.gif
wingnut86
Damn, that's some funny shit.

I'll just install a Suby and keep quiet when it's my turn blink.gif WTF.gif
Type 47
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Mar 15 2012, 05:01 PM) *

I would start by posting 2 identical threads and see which way each of them goes. poke.gif

OK that's a start...I guess there are just two options?

icon_bump.gif
Type 47
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Mar 15 2012, 05:49 PM) *

Damn, that's some funny shit.

I'll just install a Suby and keep quiet when it's my turn blink.gif WTF.gif

Conversions are not an option...too much welder.gif chop, cut, and rebuild. We are talking about options for the 2.0.
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Mar 15 2012, 04:54 PM) *

My 75' 62k mile 914 is ready to redo...the original 2.0 is going to get the FI put back on, then taken out of the car and put in storage.

I have a 73' 2.0 that I want to build and put in the re-done car: What would you do with the engine build? I'm taking off Webers from the original car...that's a starting point.

Grab the HAM heads dada is selling.
Send the case & heads to len hoffman for decking & any refresh,, he will do it right.
Plug the oil galleys too.
Bore your oem cylinders to 96mm.
Get Jakes cam & a set of pistons, KBs ok for street, JEs for track.
Get the rotating assembly balanced.
Set deck height to get 10: 1 CR.
Put on a high volume full flow oil filter & cooler.
Get Chris' s headers (tangerine).
Fill with Brad Penn oil.
Start it up & just try to wipe that huge grin off your face!!
Priceless!
shuie
I'd just send it to Greg at FAT performance. I basically sent him a junk core (almost all of it turn out to be garbage) and he sourced everything for the build. After maybe a half dozen phone calls and a ~2 month wait I had a nice broken in 2258 with dyno sheet back in my garage waiting to go into the car. If I had to do this over again, the only thing I would change would be to start by sending FAT a running core with known solid rebuildable parts.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(shuie @ Mar 17 2012, 07:09 PM) *

I'd just send it to Greg at FAT performance. I basically sent him a junk core (almost all of it turn out to be garbage) and he sourced everything for the build. After maybe a half dozen phone calls and a ~2 month wait I had a nice broken in 2258 with dyno sheet back in my garage waiting to go into the car. If I had to do this over again, the only thing I would change would be to start by sending FAT a running core with known solid rebuildable parts.

agree.gif
Type 47
QUOTE(shuie @ Mar 17 2012, 06:09 PM) *

Sounds like a good time frame while i'm disassembling & painting.

What were the dyno #'s? What's a ball park on cost? is that a carb or FI setup? does it use an MSD ignition?

Thanks
Type 47
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Mar 17 2012, 06:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Type 47 @ Mar 15 2012, 04:54 PM) *

Grab the HAM heads dada is selling.
Send the case & heads to len hoffman for decking & any refresh,, he will do it right.
Plug the oil galleys too.
Bore your oem cylinders to 96mm.
Get Jakes cam & a set of pistons, KBs ok for street, JEs for track.
Get the rotating assembly balanced.
Set deck height to get 10: 1 CR.
Put on a high volume full flow oil filter & cooler.
Get Chris' s headers (tangerine).
Fill with Brad Penn oil.
Start it up & just try to wipe that huge grin off your face!!
Priceless!

This sound like a good setup too...same question as above...HP, torque, carb/FI, cost?
shuie
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Mar 18 2012, 10:06 AM) *

What were the dyno #'s? What's a ball park on cost? is that a carb or FI setup? does it use an MSD ignition?

Thanks

Dyno showed 153hp and 175ft. lbs of torque @ 4500RPM, 44mm carbs, no MSD.
Id guess ~$8k total cost with shipping, sourcing parts, etc... You could probably get it done cheaper. I had a lot of extra costs here because of the issues with my core.
Type 47
QUOTE(shuie @ Mar 18 2012, 10:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Type 47 @ Mar 18 2012, 10:06 AM) *

Thanks

Dyno showed 153hp and 175ft. lbs of torque @ 4500RPM, 44mm carbs, no MSD.
Id guess ~$8k total cost with shipping, sourcing parts, etc... You could probably get it done cheaper. I had a lot of extra costs here because of the issues with my core.

Wow, those #'s are incredible
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.