Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 4 to 5 lug conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Als914
Hello all,

With all the parts stash I collected over the years it's time to put the five lug Fuch's on my narrow body, '74 picture below.

Click to view attachment

I have 6x16 front and 7x16 rear. The rears will be using a converted four lug to five lug hub w/ powder coated trailing arms and new bearings and bushings. I don't anticipate using any wheel spacers. The studs that I plan to use for the front rotors are the M14 x 1.5 x ?? screw in type. My question is, what is the length of the stud I should buy? Where can I buy them?

Any help would be appreciated.
Eric_Shea
http://www.track-studs.com/productinfo/

Stock studs are 45mm in length.
Spoke
How do you plan to widen the rear fenders? I don't think the 7x16's will fit without pulling the fenders out a bit.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 16 2012, 05:08 AM) *

How do you plan to widen the rear fenders? I don't think the 7x16's will fit without pulling the fenders out a bit.

Some cars fit them better than others but some tugging rolling WILL be required to get 205's on 7's back there.

205's on 6" are a better bet and still require a lip massage....

I've seen narrowed trailing arms done to fit 7's under stock fenders.. but thats a LOT of work.

Do you need some PMB 4 lug to 5 lug hubs? (Just surplus'd the set that was on my car....)
Grelber
I went with 16 X 6's all around. Had to put spacers on the front to fill the well, but I really like the finished product. The 6's BARELY fit in the back with no pulling.

Click to view attachment
Als914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Mar 16 2012, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Spoke @ Mar 16 2012, 05:08 AM) *

Some cars fit them better than others but some tugging rolling WILL be required to get 205's on 7's back there.

205's on 6" are a better bet and still require a lip massage....

I've seen narrowed trailing arms done to fit 7's under stock fenders.. but thats a LOT of work.

Do you need some PMB 4 lug to 5 lug hubs? (Just surplus'd the set that was on my car....)

Got them Aaron, Thanks
Als914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 15 2012, 10:23 PM) *

http://www.track-studs.com/productinfo/

Stock studs are 45mm in length.

Thanks Eriic.
a914622
Iv got my screw in style studs from 034 motorsports. The come with nuts. Iv used them on the front of the vanagon for a lexus brake swap.

jcl
JRust
I fit 7x16 Fuchs on all 4 corners with no pulling. I do have my rear fenders rolled / shaved but they fit with 215/45/16s with no problem. The 7" up front fits great too
abnrdo
QUOTE(Grelber @ Mar 16 2012, 10:04 AM) *

I went with 16 X 6's all around. Had to put spacers on the front to fill the well, but I really like the finished product. The 6's BARELY fit in the back with no pulling.

Click to view attachment

What size tire are you runnin? Beautiful car!

beerchug.gif
boogie_man
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Mar 16 2012, 02:29 PM) *

Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif

+1
TravisNeff
poke poke..... poke.gif

So the people running 7's in the back of a narrow body car - tell us your tire size and show us some pics!

I am ready for the conversion too, cant decide to go all out with 225 or 205, I might have to get some crap used tires for mockup.
Als914
QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 16 2012, 02:26 PM) *

I fit 7x16 Fuchs on all 4 corners with no pulling. I do have my rear fenders rolled / shaved but they fit with 215/45/16s with no problem. The 7" up front fits great too

That's interesting with the 7" up front. Maybe I'll trade my 6".
JRust
Sorry I don't have closeups of the rear. If I still had them on my car I would get a few different angles. I unfortunately trades them off for a nice suby motor. They are on Sawtooth's beautiful green 914 in Boise now. Although I am going with 8x16 951 fuchs on my car after my flares are installed.
TravisNeff
Jamie, that is 215x45 rightt? Not sure if I want to go a little higher with 205x55
Grelber
QUOTE(abnrdo @ Mar 16 2012, 04:29 PM) *

Click to view attachment

beerchug.gif

Those are 205 x 55's all around.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.