Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Porsche would you Choose?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Madswede
I really liked TC's 911 RS, very fun to ride in. first.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Madswede @ Dec 17 2012, 12:18 PM) *

I really liked TC's 911 RS, very fun to ride in. first.gif

Thanks Swag!
Cap'n Krusty
I wouldn't buy any car with those tacky add-on side stripes.

The Cap'n
carr914
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 17 2012, 01:40 PM) *

The Cap'n

Then I guess this car wouldn't be good enough for you either

Click to view attachment
boogie_man
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 17 2012, 10:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 17 2012, 01:40 PM) *

The Cap'n

Then I guess this car wouldn't be good enough for you either

Click to view attachment

That's not fair as you wouldn't be able to read the decals on the side
when the car would be "in use" . biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
it's kinda apples-n-oranges.

The equivalent of a 914-6GT is a 911 RSR, not RS.

I'd rather have the RSR, but I'd take the GT over an RS.
Rand
It is TOTALLY apples and oranges.

This is dumb.
Like was said.... Ask the same question in a 914 forum, or a 911 forum. Don't expect the same answer. Duh.

And to the point of sir Cap'n.... The graphics the race teams put on the side of their cars is hardly equivalent to tacky add on stickers people paste on the side of their non race cars.

Race sponsors != tacky imitation graffiti. Somebody pays you for the sponsorship, then choose to put it on because the pay was equitable.

You choose to put it on because you think it looks cool = poser.
carr914
The Carrera Stripe is Hardly a Tacky Add-on, it was on every 73-75 Carrera Road Car

Ferg help me out!
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 17 2012, 04:57 PM) *

The Carrera Stripe is Hardly a Tacky Add-on, it was on every 73-75 Carrera Road Car

Ferg help me out!

True, but we put 'em on at the dealership, IIRC.

The Cap'n
Pat Garvey
You'll all hate me here, but if you're going to destroy the originalty of a car do it with a 911. There are far more of them available. Do this to a 914 and you just increase the value of bone stock 914's. Not that I care, since mine will always be bone stock.

Please do not destroy stock 914/6's.

Yeah, sounds like a message from PETA.
RickS
Time to weigh in. I am also a 911 owner as well. Mine is a '73 S with a oversized t-bars, 6's and 7's, and a pretty fresh 2.7 RS spec MFI, with limited slip. It's about as close as you can get to an RS without the duck tail and front intake. Being completely honest, I love this car. It does everything well. It accelerates sharply, it corners very well, and it is extremely comfortable. With the values of S's going throught the roof, I am in the process of restoring it for sale so I can buy a T and hot-rod the hell out of it and not worry about totalling it.

My 914 3.0 is a very fun car. It corners better, but does not accelerate as quickly, and is not nearly as comfortable a car on long hauls. I would call the 914 raw in comparison, even with all the upgrades to seats, and amenities. Raw is good, but raw gets old after 300 miles for an old dude. One thing that beats the 911 is an open roof on a sunny day. My wife calls the 914 the fun car. The 911 intimidates her because of the cost of a possible loss. I did ride in a 914 with a 2.7 RS spec MFI motor a few years back and that was one helluva ride - especially when power slid through the corners. The original GTs really didn't have that large a power plant either, so hence my thumbs down. If they came with 2.8s then I would throw everything I said out the window and go for the GT and comfort be damed.

So my vote is for the RS clone if it is a true clone and not the poor-ass looking thing on page 1.

Here is a pic of my 73 before I started converting her back to original and the 914 3.0.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
NARP914
914 clone in my book, more fun for the small weight to power ratio. driving.gif

_Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.