Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temperature guage on instrument panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ww914
I must be missing it, but I can't find it on the Haynes schematic.
rwilner
QUOTE(ww914 @ Mar 20 2012, 08:13 PM) *

I must be missing it, but I can't find it on the Haynes schematic.

oil temp sender at the taco plate...next to the sump. I think it's a green wire
ww914
Thanks Rich, I got that, but I can't figure out which wire on the harness to get it to the indicator? Shoulda' marked the wires before I took it all apart.
falconfp2001
According to the Pelican Schematic, it should be a green with black stripe.
rwilner
do you have a multimeter or some way to check continuity?

If you look at where the wire bundle is routed through the engine tin under the battery, there is a single wire that breaks out of the bundle right there. This is the oil temp sender connection. You can check continuity from that spade terminal to the wires in your harness and find it that way.
rwilner
QUOTE(rwilner @ Mar 20 2012, 09:37 PM) *

do you have a multimeter or some way to check continuity?

If you look at where the wire bundle is routed through the engine tin under the battery, there is a single wire that breaks out of the bundle right there. This is the oil temp sender connection. You can check continuity from that spade terminal to the wires in your harness and find it that way.

here's the connector I'm talking about
IPB Image
Valy
Inside the cabin, the wire usually ends near the shifter, under the carpet. It was intended to go behind the central console.
Dig a bit under the carpet and you will find the connector.
904svo
If you check the wiring diagram the green/black wire runs from the engine compartment to a connector located in the floor (5 connectors) for the console
it, does not go up to the dash gauge cluster.
ww914
You guys are the best. Thanks for responding. I will check this out in the morning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.